1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Ban by Google Please Help

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Atlanta Realtor, Jun 27, 2004.

My site was just recently banned by google I am guessing for sitewide themed link partners. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to rectify this problem. I got ranked to number4 for my main search phrase in only 2 months from buying links from one of the members here that I wont mention. This individual was giving advise to myself and a few other realtors in the link partner group that we followed..even after someone else that was in the group warned us about google going to crack down on this type of linking. Because this person is a well known and supposed seo expert we listened to him.

Now my website as well as another realtors that was also purchasing links from this expert is also banned. What can we do to get google to reindex us. I know that the sitewide links have to come down first and foremost but is there anything other then that ..that might convince google to reindex our websites.

A little information about the website. I have sitewide links to other realtors in a relocation partner group. Where we all place sitewide links on our websites to these other realtors for the purpose of not only link value but also referral value. We do exchange referrals quite often to eachother from our sites..this in turn does produce an extra income for us.

There was a big blow out with a couple of members in the group about a month and half ago who left the group and said that google was going to crack down on this type of linking structure. Well none of us listened to them because we had this seo expert tell us google wouldnt penalize for something like that because if they would then what would prevent you from just placing links like that to all your competitors and get them banned.

Since I am no seo expert what must I do to not only combat this penalty but also how do I let google know I have seperated myself from this seo..who sent a email to google telling them that he was a link and PR broker..Quote: This is a quote from the email he sent to google explaining what he felt maybe some of the problems: " Purchased text links on websites, in order to increase their exposure and page rank," will that statement to google not hurt the websites? ..meaning admitting to google you are a PR broker not just link but PR?

The only thing the other client of this seo expert and I have in common other then both of us being banned or penalized is..1. we both buy links from this seo expert..2..we both belong to the sitewide partner link group..3..we both have links to this seo experts website and real estate forum.

I have a feeling my site is toast now and most likely will have to start up a new domain any advise you can offer pertaining to the website would be appreciated. the website is www.atlanta-real-estate-homefinder.com

If I have posted this in the wrong forum please feel free to move it I hope it is in the right forum and believe that what has happen to my site may be a good education for others in the forum. If anyone has specific questions other then what I have supplied please post them and I will try to answer them.

Thank You in Advanced

Atlanta Realtor, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  2. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't this the same post on seo-c***

I think you have relevant advice there

What does your seo consultant have to say - have you talked with him?

leeds1, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  3. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL that would be like talking to a competitor talking to him about it. He should have caught it and didnt..because of his advise that myself and another realtor followed and we are both his clients..we both got banned.

He is well respected and I know I am just a realtor but he messed up and wont except the blame for it but is more then willing to keep taking my money for link purchase. As he told me he is the seo expert I am just a Realtor so leave the seo to him. ..BUT if I am questioned on it I have documented proof of what he advised..so its not just my word against his if it ever comes to that on the forums..which I dont want it to. If I am ask in PM who it is I will say but I wont post it on for public view.

My concern is what to do other then fight with google. As I said he told google in an email he was selling PR to my website and the other realtors not just links but page rank and google isnt stupid..they will take that email and look at everything he is doing business wise and rip it apart if they see fit to.

I just want to get my website back in the serps..this has been an expensive lesson and no offense to those that try to practice seo with the intent to help their clients instead of just making a buck..but I have been nailed by enough seo's in my life that I have to clean Ky jelly off of me every night.

I dont want to have to create a new domain but it looks like I might have to unless I can find some advise in the forums to help. As for the post in the other forum I know that some people from here dont visit the other forum so any and all help is appreciated

4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a pretty harsh set of circumstances. Why did the SEO send a letter to Google in the first place? How do you know you have been banned? What I do know is this. It sounds like a link farm issue. I would change the domain, definitely change the content structure and hope for the best. You may also want to look at having your website hosted elsewhere (different IP). Google may see the same IP and continue on. What were the keyword phrases that you were optimized for in Google? How much traffic was coming from G compared to Y and M?

Good luck.

NewComputer, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  5. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Atlanta I noticed that you had gone on the 24th/25th - have you asked Google why? I would have thought that it was too early to get a reply that your site was banned so how do you know?

If you go to this thread and post: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=14016#post14016 you will see that this page dropped on the same day/time.

I had another page drop out of site on the 14th that started about the same time as your site and had a bundle of links pointing at it. I am still waiting to see whether it will reimmerge but I am not going to wait long before changing things.

So, to recap, you need to know if you are banned, first, then you can take action.

As an aside - why do you post elsewhere as leeds1 says and then come here?
    Why didn't you come here first? Why do you call him a member here, as though it is this forums fault, when he has only posted 17 posts here and has his own forum on SEO?

Foxy, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  6. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Quite to which I will add

If you find out from Google that you have trangressed their rules then you can get the solution from them - they will tell you as much as they are allowed to - probably go look at the "instructions for webmasters" and then you do as they say and then ask for relisting

Foxy, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  7. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no I am not suggesting it is this forums fault..I know that isnt the case. As far as why post here and post on another seo forum. Well not all people that come to this forum go to the other and vise versa. I need all the help I can get. Since I am going at this alone now and that is a scary thought..I can use the advise.

8. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    Atlanta if the site you are talking about is the site in signature your site is not banned, your page has a PR 5 and shows 26 backlinks in Google and the master site has thousands of pages in the Google index.

Now it could be that you have attracted a penalty, or it could be that the algo has changed and you have lost rankings because of it, but I suspect that it is an algo change as when I search for your page title in Google it comes up #7 out of 348,000 results.

Of course if its not the site in your signature, then just ignore what I have said.

Mel, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  9. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:

NO that is not my sig. I just noticed it is to a individual that I cant stand at relo-experts.com I just changed it to my link in my sig but someone got into my account and the only person that had my pw was my old seo expert that I am speaking of here

10. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok Atlanta the site in your current sig is not banned, and I do not think penalized, either. You have a PR7, 1800+ backlinks showing in Google and 140 pages indexed BUT of those 140 pages only 2 are fully indexed and the rest not yet indexed though the links are known to Google.

I can find nothing in your robots.txt to stop the spidering of your pages.

Have you had any server problems recently? An extended server outage could cause what I am seeing.

I suggest that you site tight for a few days and monitor how many of your pages are included and fully indexe with the Google link:URL search.

Mel, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  11. Foxy

Best Answers:
    So - everybody is telling you that you are not banned - have you asked google? :)

Foxy, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  12. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:

I have sent an email to google but havent heard back from them yet. The only reason I say I am penalized is that I fell from a # 4 ranking in my serps for my main key phrase and the other client this seo expert has also was dropped from the serps with a top 10 ranking for their main key phrase and lost their indexed pages other then their forum pages

Not to sound like a broken record but how do you lose over 2000 indexed pages in google from your website and the only pages that are indexed right now are my forum pages something around 400 and something but all those indexed are forum pages. My homepage and all subpages have been removed from googles index. The other realtor has also had this happen.

I have just never seen a website go from # 4 allin anchor...# 4 allin ..text and # 1 allin URL be dropped like that..now I am not ranked for allin ..anchor..text and URL.

I am just a realtor and dont know a lot about seo and search engines but I do thank all of you trying to help.

13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well of course, it doesn't solve the underlying problem, but would you say your website is the most relevant page on the Internet for your keywords (from an outside user's point of view, not your own biased one... ;) )?

Ultimately that's what Google is going for, the most relevant results, not (necessarily) the most linked or best optimized.

digitalpoint, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  14. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe it is. If you look at the other websites in my market in the top 10.. I dont believe any of them compare to my website. Not all but most of them are either spam filled websites or Rss fed websites. I have over 2600 that was indexed by google... most real estate websites have on avg about 75 pages. So it is content rich and user friendly I believe.

Plus my site is not really optimized other then the homepage..but when you are ranked # 1 for almost all minor key phrases and # 4 for the main key phrase for my market its hard to figure out why google did what they did when they unindexed over 2000 of my pages and only keep the forum pages indexed and dropped me from the serps

As a consumer I would choice my website over the others in the top 10 from what I have seen of them..IMHO

15. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    I don't see that you are banned or any other stuff.

Site looks like been being agressively developed and you may have fallen out of or never been in G's same domain scheme.
    Presently G sees your main domain as two with and without www.

They usually update a db to avoid this but agressive development can force them to "split" the view with all sorts of implications.

E.G. using link:www.... you see most of your links using just domain you may only see few or none.

I had discussions here on this board and others and the common consensus is 301 redirect either or as it is a SE problem not a DNS problem.
    As I had the same problem with one of my domains I've implemented 301 for agressive domains and it looks like solving the problem.

M

On the level of relevancy I don't know but I would not deal with your site as I woudn't know who you are Wayne friends Reax or Atlanta homefinders.

expat, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  16. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems you've complained about this SEO a while ago, too. You seem to complain a lot on here without actually privately discussing it and solving the problem.

schlottke, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  17. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Schlottke is right. This is not how you do business with anyone. As an seller of SEO Services myself I have thought for a long time that you are the epitome of a client from hell. I wouldn't ever want you for a customer.

compar, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  18. Atlanta Realtor

Atlanta Realtor Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no talking to this guy. He is nothing but a Link Broker. It is funny 2 of his real estate clients both lose their serps within a week of eachother. Complaining ..you are right I am complaining..he is a joke and I will let google deal with him.

19. Phoenix Realtor

Phoenix Realtor Guest

Best Answers:
    Just for the record I am happy with the services I have received from this company and while we are dealing with some type of penalty or technical glitch on Google's end it most certainly not the fault of the webmaster.

You may view my site listed on my profile if you care to comment.

Thanks,
    Jim

Phoenix Realtor, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  20. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe I know who it is- and he is a stand up gent. Not sure what the problem is, but Im sure he will help you figure it out if you give/gave him time.

schlottke, Jun 27, 2004 IP