1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Single mom blog

Discussion in 'Websites' started by YourTypicalParadox, Oct 22, 2015.

Any interest in checking out my blog? Life as a young single mom, dating, college, and everything in between. http://comejudgemehere.blogspot.com/

YourTypicalParadox, Oct 22, 2015 IP
  2. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    yes i checked it out but its not looking interesting to me.. U should change its environment...

zeeshan125, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to him, a young guy in Pakistan is probably not your target market.

I'm not a fan of the background repeating, it takes away from your text and looks a bit old fashioned. It'll probably take a few tries to find the theme that suits your style of writing and the topics you write about and that also works for the reader. Don't be afraid to experiment.

I'd recommend mixing up the "deep" posts with some that a light or ironic, that look at what daily life is like. With care you can do that without blowing your cover.

Good luck!

sarahk, Oct 29, 2015 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  4. warren4321

warren4321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The writing are great. Just the background make the content little bit hard to read. I would suggest you to change to plain background to ease visitors eyes reading.

warren4321, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  5. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I get that you want to remain anonymous. But it is hard to engage with somebody who is anonymous. Because, like, I don't know who you are. Just my .02, or whatever it's worth.

And what Sarah said about the background. And more light-hearted posts. I dunno, I got the feeling the blog is intended for a female readership.

JohnScott, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  6. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, I love the name of your blog. Your writing is excellent, but in "About me" instead of the last sentence, say something about yourself without mentioning your name, or use a different name, who cares, or a pseudonym, and give us something interesting, something more about the purpose of your blog. It's not necessary for people to connect with your name, but with your personality. I suppose the main target group of yours are moms and they are such a huge target group. Use that and let them feel that you will share your experiences and feelings generously with them. I also find it hard to read with this background; it is proved that black letters on white background work best. Good luck!

cwvps1, Oct 30, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the content of your blog. I just want to say that change your blog theme and if possible move to self hosted WordPress blog. You can make most out of your blog using WordPress.

iwebsocial, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  8. YourTypicalParadox

YourTypicalParadox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your input, I made some changes with the suggestions you made. I am still experimenting and finding my niche, but it's getting there.

YourTypicalParadox, Nov 3, 2015 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  9. heftzwecke

heftzwecke Member

Best Answers:
    If I read your site pressing ctrl + twice the design gets a bit out of order.
    I would write the text a bit more focussed, with headlines etc., I like your writing though, but it reads a bit like a very personal diary.
    Not that you are talking to someone, more like you are talking to yourself. Who is your target?

heftzwecke, Nov 5, 2015 IP