1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Single giant army.!

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Reachell, Jan 18, 2016.

Hello dear DP users;
    Actually i want learn about : is FPS multiplayer game make probabilty? so can i just i make little game(like counter strike).And trouble is i don't know which i track firstly a way?i think so;
    0-)English 9 out of 10(my english suck right now but i working on it :p )
    1-)knowledge about SQL
    2-)Unity game engine+Graphics program(Adobe photoshop,aftereffect,Flash)
    3-)Knowledge about Python,java(little code)
    i think like this.
    Thanks

Solved! View solution.
    Reachell, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I suspect there's a lot more to game development than I'd guess at.
    I'd get started by writing some free apps for systems like Roblox just to get a feel for what is involved and to network with other developers.

sarahk, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  3. ilyasdeckers

ilyasdeckers Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a game developer but I can tell you this. You have a long way to go.
    If I am not mistaking there is a platform called fps creator, they state that you don't need to know coding for their platform.

ilyasdeckers, Jan 19, 2016 IP
    Having worked with game development, I assure you, you usually need more than one person. Yes, there have been a few indie games the last couple years made by an individual - none of them have been stunning when it comes to graphics - what they've sold on is the game itself - the story. An FPS made by a single person will have to either have a very specific style (maybe cartoonish, maybe sprites, something special, at least), because you cannot compete with professional studios when it comes to graphics. Then you have the story - unless it's a unique story, what value is it for single players? Most gamers nowadays are either casual gamers (picking up a quick game while sitting on the bus, or slouching in front of the TV for an hour) og hardcore gamers - a sliding grade, of course, but an FPS, made by a single person, with no prior knowledge of how to make a game? My suggestion: give up before you start. Work on a good story, maybe create small games and try to find your style - but be aware that very few games succeed - and those that do, are often out of left field - they're not obvious money-makers. Note: I'm talking about the small indie games now, not things like Candy Crush and the like - they have a marketing budget the same size as a small country's BNP.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 19, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. ilyasdeckers

ilyasdeckers Member

Best Answers:
    Never give up! Even if it does not succeed you have learned many new and valuable skills, which I value more than succeeding and making money.

ilyasdeckers, Jan 19, 2016 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If starting out green, I'd suggest learning something like Unity:
    https://unity3d.com/

It's free for development / not for profit use, has a lot of tutorials and getting started guides, and wraps a lot of the low level grunt-work (like networking, 3d physics) in API's.

As a game engine it limits what you can do with it to an extent, but it's a great place to learn the basics before diving head-first into doing it "the hard way".

deathshadow, Jan 19, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Reachell

Reachell Peon

Best Answers:

Firstly thanks for your suggestion and i was thinking work game develop for give a life the my idea so i don't wanna connect the develop company(about working) just wanna like be freelancer and middle status a performance FPS game.No matter Spending Time this why to be freelancer like hobby.My first position will be Administrative information Managements.Latter:extra i heard;make , change mode on the games,language translate,Map editor etc. i need try the developer experience

Reachell, Jan 19, 2016 IP