1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SimpleHost.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by kc3, Dec 24, 2004.

Hm... I have a website that's hosted on SimpleHost.com and a lot of people say web hosts that offer unlimited bandwidth aren't very trustworthy. What about web hosts such as SimpleHost.com that offers unlimited space? I'm sure when they say unlimited space they mean unmetered but how good does it look to you? I personaly like it and have been using it for a while now. My website takes up 300 MBs and I'm still running realy good. But what do you think about them because when I first looked at it I had some doubts.

kc3, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  2. blueuniverse

blueuniverse Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to remember that there is never such thing as unlimited space. You can't have unlimited hard drive space, so why should that be possible for you. They may be kind enough to add an extra hard drive if a client gets to their hard drive limit, so it can be unlimited but they would probably be more likely just to say no, and that the unlimited deal is only applicable to a point.

blueuniverse, Dec 25, 2004 IP
  3. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    It's like eating at a all-you-can-eat place. If you *really* try eat all you can, the owner will stop by and will let you know that it's unlimited, but within bounds :)

Seriously, though, companies host 100-400 websites on a single machine. If they use an 80 GB drive, it roughly gives each website about 200 MB or more. Larger companies use dedicated filers, which are much bigger than this and can be expanded by just throwing in another hard drive. For most folks this space is as good as unimited.

J.D.

J.D., Dec 25, 2004 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And if you NEED more, you should be making enough money with your site to be able to afford some SERIOUS upgrading :)

Blogmaster, Dec 25, 2004 IP
  5. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, yeah, they do say unlimited. That's why I said they probably mean unmetered. According to them they have quite a lot. I've been using them and I have yet to run out of space. lol, have to admit. It's not a bad deal for $7.50 a month.

kc3, Dec 25, 2004 IP