1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple SEO

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by rich1812, Jan 2, 2019.

Hello, I don't know much about SEO. I try to start a very small local business for cat sitting www.catsbff.com. It is only limited to a few towns near me, so I don't need a nationwide SEO. I want people to be able to look for me in the nearby towns. Such as when visitors in the town Milton need a cat sitter, the will type in Milton, cat sitting, the name of my website will pop up. I had submitted my site to google, google indexed it. I can search my site by name www.catsbff.com, it shows up. However, if I try to search Milton, cat sitting, my site does not show at all. How can I make that happen? Do I have to pay for a google ad? How does that work?

In the META tags I put in
    <meta name="description" content="Quincy cat sitting, Milton cat sitting, Weymouth cat sitting"/>
    <meta name="keywords" content="cat sitter, cat nanny, cat care />
    <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
    <title>Cats' Best Friend Forever</title>
    <link href="http://www.catsbff.com" rel="canonical"/>

How can I improve these tags? Thank you.

rich1812, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You need to optimise your site for Google and other search engines.

Think of every page as a possible entry point to your website. Identify the best keyword to include in the Page Title. Find the right balance between a catchy title and including your primary keywords.

Keep in mind the Meta Description is not the place to just stuff keywords, it's meant to summarise the page content.

dcristo, Jan 2, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Blogger Arslan

Blogger Arslan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ist you need to redesign your site

Blogger Arslan, Jan 3, 2019 IP
  4. J.C.Anderson

J.C.Anderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to create some more additional content related to cats. For example, something related to care or anything else. This topic is quite popular, so you would gather audience (and potential clients), and some of them may share your articles,that is also important for SEO.

J.C.Anderson, Jan 3, 2019 IP
  5. EliseFR

EliseFR Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Also register site in google local business

EliseFR, Jan 12, 2019 IP
  6. EliseFR

EliseFR Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Add your business to Google maps

EliseFR, Jan 12, 2019 IP
  7. thewahm

thewahm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I took a look at your site. I really think you need to use some attractive stock images, as the ones you are using load very slow and are not very wowing. I alao noticed your servicea page and about are images with text. You need to get rid of the images and actually use type.

Your front page images could use image tags, which will help. You can add one ot two to each imagine of your targeted keyword.

You front page also needs some text. Welcome people, tell them the service you offer and the locations you service.

Once that is done, edit your title to add your keyword such as "Milton Cat Nanny".

thewahm, Jan 20, 2019 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First, it took over TWO (2) MINUTES on a 100Mb cable connection to load your page. WAY TOO SLOW. Even IF someone finds your page, your bounce rate will be atrocious.

Second, YOU HAVE NOTHING FOR GOOGLE TO INDEX! Without CONTENT, you will NEVER rank high with the search engines.

So, use smaller images and add content, then come back for another review.

mmerlinn, Jan 20, 2019 IP
  9. bradshaw

bradshaw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Dear, meta tag is not enough to achieving result you need to full optimize your site.

bradshaw, Jan 30, 2019 IP
  10. jessicaparkeremt

jessicaparkeremt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have gone through your site. You must optimize your images, images alt tag and description. Measure CTR. Work on h1 and h2.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    jessicaparkeremt, Jan 30, 2019 IP