1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple PHP app

Discussion in 'PHP' started by MountainBear, Mar 18, 2016.

Im looking at creating a php task management app. Looking for some advice on the best way to get this going.

Ideally i want a user to be able to register and login, once logged in they can create "tasks" inside a task would be their itemised list. User would be able to add multiple tasks as well as edit and delete them, same CRUD options for the itemised list items.

What would you propose to be the simplest way.

MountainBear, Mar 18, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nothing is ever "just php" - there's always going to be the need for css, javascript (esp ajax)
    You need to spend some time on design before you even worry about "the simplest way" - there are so many task management tools out there, yours will have to be something really quite special to justify the investment of your time.

sarahk, Mar 18, 2016 IP
  3. MountainBear

MountainBear Member

Best Answers:

Hi Thanks for your reply :)

I understand the need for other code for styling and functionality. But im just looking for advice on how you would set the scene so to speak. How would you setup the tasks which hold the lists etc.

This isnt an app im wanting to deploy to the world, its just a project im going to work on to improve my programming skills and will probably never go online :) plus for the time im going to invest i may as well just head over to codecanyon and get some code for like 40 bucks haha.

On a side note i didnt consider ajax! Noted!

Thank you

MountainBear, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  4. Blizzardofozz

Blizzardofozz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just hire a php programmer and don't bother learning php at all? And I don't know the simplest way to program. There is a good and bad way.

You make a class to handle database functionalities and then inherit it in sub-classes for tasks and items.

You'll need sessions class also - for login. Also, functions to handle password hashing and checking.

Blizzardofozz, Mar 27, 2016 IP