1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple ASP question about setting up Microsoft Visual Web Developer 08

Discussion in 'C#' started by rocky@dogsdeservebetter.o, Aug 4, 2009.

I've never seen experienced anything so difficult as trying to view an aspx file. So I got MSVWD2008. Now I still can't. I'm closer. I have the software.
    I have this site which someone else wrote a few years ago. I'm trying to view the files on my laptop before I upload them to the site.
    I'm getting lots of warnings but the biggest issue is that in the first line of the code, the software can't find the master page. I have it right in the very same directory as the aspx file I'm opening in this software. I don't know why it can't find it.
    My question is what is the proper way to describe a local path to a file, in aspx. Precisely the first line, I am referring to. I'll show it to you here.

<%@ page language="VB" masterpagefile="~/pages/rocky.master" autoeventwireup="false" inherits="feedback, App_Web_i5ksdbwd" title="airedale911.org: Adoption Application Form" %>

And here's the error.
    The Master page cannot be loaded.

Thanks