1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple AdSense Question

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by ephricon, Nov 12, 2004.

I just signed up and got approved this week for AdSense. I've got it up and running on one site and all is great. I read in another thread in this forum that I can then use the same code for another site, so long as it complies with the TOS. It does.

My question - How do I track clicks and income and such for each site? Do I set up two channels, one for each site? I don't even really know what channels are but is that the ticket so I can just see X number clicks on ads on site A and Y number of clicks on site B?

ephricon, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    That will work fine. Some people use channels to track different pages of a site, or different sections of a site, etc. I have mine set up as you suggest, however, where each channel represents a different site. Works fine for me.

dazzlindonna, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  3. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much, I'll give that a go.

ephricon, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  4. Sanzbar

Sanzbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, channels is the way to go. You can even use multiple channels within one site to see what % of clicks are coming from where...

Sanzbar, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the channels are great. Only problem though is there is a limit to the number of channels. Given the small limit I have set up the main site's as various channels, and then have a "MISC" for the itty bitty stuff.

Mia, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  6. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    50 channels are much for me. I use 1-2 channel for each site. I use special channels for new pages/content that i want to track or test if it would be a big hit.

melfan, Nov 12, 2004 IP