1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Signature Pad example newbie

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by Geneous42, Aug 3, 2017.

OK, I'm lost. I'm looking to have a signature pad added to my PHP/JS Tablet/desktop app and store some form of its image into MySQL. I opened the GitHub example and captured the "source code" and put minimal HTML code around it. I loaded that into my Orange Pi Debian 8 server. I called it up using Chrome, but no canvas appears and nothing appears to happen on clicks.

Chrome development tool says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'querySelector' of null" on the example statement:

saveButton = wrapper.querySelector("[data-action=save]"),

just at the last "r" of "wrapper". I thought I adjusted my <button...> statements to match, but my cloning of another example went south, apparently. What did I miss capturing?
    SEMrush
    Note I downloaded the jQuery library as it appears to be referenced in the sample code and the Chrome debug tool does rattle through it as I run my script. My cloned script is attached (as .txt).

Help, please? This is a volunteer project for a program that encourages and rewards Middle and High School students to became proficient in STEM! Suggestions will be appreciated by many.

PS: MySQL data type "Long Text" can handle text much longer than any Browser's URL entry field, hence the toDataURL method would be just fine, once I get to that step! (;-

PS2: I love that Chrome IDE (wish I had found it months ago!)

Attached Files:

Geneous42, Aug 3, 2017 IP
    SEMrush