1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sidebars earning 4x leaderboard?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by tanktronic, Jun 27, 2014.

So, all the conventional wisdom I've read says that the king of ad placement is the 728x90 ad above the fold near the content.
    After a surprising and frustrating amount of work to make that happen on a WordPress theme, I see that the two ads on the right sidebar [300x250, placed just below header and another further down] outperform the leaderboard by a magnitude of four.

Any ideas why that would be? What am I missing?

tanktronic, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  2. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My 300x600 ad on the right out performs my 728x90 ad on the top as well. I would imagine because it's closer to the content and when a visitor completes the article, the ad is right there, ready for the clicking.

Sabrina73, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  3. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always found that my 300x350 or 300x250 sidebar spots always did much better that any 728x90 or 468x60 placements ever did.

satguy, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  4. tanktronic

tanktronic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback, guys... at least I don't feel like something weird is happening to me only :)

tanktronic, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Leaderboards never performed well for me either. However ads within the page where the main content was almost always outperformed any sidebar ads.

qwikad.com, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  6. ashrafkamal

ashrafkamal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ad size and placement depends on many factors and usually different for different type of website. You should try it your self by adding code in different position, and finally choose which work better.

For your experiment I think this will help you.
    [​IMG]

ashrafkamal, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  7. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You simply have to test before you take a decision. If you change it over and over you will not see where the best position is.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 15, 2014 IP