1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sidebar not aligning correctly in IE

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Cartman, Dec 16, 2005.

WordPress template, was working fine for the past week or so, but after the lastest entry (#6), the right sidebar menu is totally misaligned. It comes up correctly in Firefox, but in IE it starts displaying at the bottom of the screen. I've tried the WordPress support forums, but haven't had much luck there. I know it's something wrong in my CSS or HTML, but can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Can anyone help?

The site is www.videostoregf.com

Look at the screenshot. See how the sidebar starts way down after the last post? (I drew a crude arrow to show what is happening) It used to be aligned with the top of the site..

[​IMG]

Cartman, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to set the width of the main content div to a lower amount of pixels. I had the same problem and that fixed it. See www.soundlogic.us for my fix, the CSS is in there somewhere.

fsmedia, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  3. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help! I changed the .ncol width from 545px to 520px, and that seems to have fixed the problem. Still don't fully understand why that happened, but whatever.. :)

Cartman, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  4. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Something to do with the development of the theme, they probably used Firefox or something and it looks different in IE, it always does. Either way, that's how it is fixed, glad it helped.

fsmedia, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  5. AdamSee

AdamSee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to be the IE/Win double margin bug as explained here: http://positioniseverything.net/explorer/doubled-margin.html

All you have to do is add this to .page and you'll be glad to hear it is compatible for all major browsers.

{
    display:inline;
    }

Code (markup):
    Alternatively you could just set
    margin: 0;
    Code (markup):
    Hope that helps :)

AdamSee, Dec 31, 2005 IP