1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick of Squidoo

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by conflictuniverse, Apr 4, 2009.

Hi,

Squidoo has become a bloated hog of a system now.
    There isn't that much money to be made from it unless you can crawl your way into the top 2000, even then it's only $7.50 a lens.

The experienced squid's seem to come down hard on newbies all the time now in a attempted to drive them off I'm sure.

They either down lenses, complain images or content is copyrighted, or try and goad users into flame wars to ban them later on.

I'm sick of Squidoo, and I'm sure others are too. Tell your story here.

I created this group of Facebook about it. Where would be a good place to keep members?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=68611662303

conflictuniverse, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  2. barbdear

barbdear Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm disappointed, too. I've never used Squidoo to make money directly, but have always used my lens to link to my other sites. Google used to pick the lens up immediately, but not anymore. Not sure what has changed on that front ... anybody have any ideas?

barbdear, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  3. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to make money from Squidoo is via third party affiliate sales, such as ClickBank and Commission Junction.

Think_Big, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  4. conflictuniverse

conflictuniverse Peon

Best Answers:
    To many spammers use Squidoo I think

conflictuniverse, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use Squidoo other than for backlinks purposes. As far as making money, I always see different opinions on different forums. Some people swear by Squidoo and say that they've made thousands, others hate it and say they barely scrape by.

In my opinion Sqidoo is way too busy all over. There are way too many third party ads which distract your potential customer from your message. You really have to be an incredible marketer to compete with those highly targeted ads strategically placed in hot-spots on there.

That's why I wouldn't personally depend on it for sales that much. Like I said, it's a good source to build backlinks to your own website...

Alex_K, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  6. ewikk055

ewikk055 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm about to put up a major project I've been working on regarding a facebook bot, it's pretty extensive..I think ya'll will like it, just look out for the thread, I'm putting together the payment page right now....this thing was a fortune to build.....hope everyone enjoys..

it'll blow squidoo outa the water in regards to monetization...or it has for me anyways...

ewikk055, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  7. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well squidoo is good for affiliates as Think Big pointed out, you can also get good backlinks to your site or promote your own products!

elitesystem, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have barely heard of the name squidoo...what is a squidoo lens...

dscurlock, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  9. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm doing well with a couple squidoo lenses at the moment. converting 1:6 on a $40/lead promoted solely through squidoo...

LordXenu, Apr 13, 2009 IP