1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick and Tired of Google Ads!!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by MikeSwede, Mar 21, 2006.

1. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right Ryan UK!!
    I found some .htaccess file I think it was that has tons of known bots and domains known for scraping sites but I guess not all of them are in there.
    What I don't understand is why Google in their infinite wisdom doesn't see all these sites in their index.. If I was Google I'd remove all .info sites ASAP and then when people like me get p!$$3d they can ask for a re-inclusion!
    Then we might be able get a better position in Google without these sites puking all over the place. Maybe Google knows about the sites, and they should since I have reported some of them to no avail at all, but they can't figure out how to stop them. To me they are like a virus in Googles index and just like with viruses, you don't know abut them until they have infiltrated you and then you have find a vaccine (algo) that takes care of them....
    Well, I have done some DB work so I would just exclude from the search...
    And, BTW, it seems that these guys, who are nothing but smart (and thieves) have found a HUGE hole in Googles algo and they use it to 500% and now Google is sitting there with their thumb up their you know what... "What are we gonna do... what are we gonna do....... " HEEEELP!!!! It's all going to be spam sites in Google except for the big companies or gov sites....
    You can see how bad google is right now when you search for a dog for example:
    yorkies for sale las vegas
    Are you sure you don't want to buy a base ball instead?? Guess anything goes with las Vegas so why nbot show it in the Search results???
    Thank God for MSN!!

MikeSwede, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  2. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a look at the website mentioned and it looks like a giant directory. The pages I looked at had a dozen or so links to other sites and descriptions that may have been assembled from the META tags or some random seleection of words in the target site. The bottom part of the page contained links back into the directory. The page names looked a bit like domain names -- some of which are parked at sites which do pretty much the same thing -- display some AdSense, a collection of outward links, and a collection of inward links.

I was unable to find a page with content -- as in an article explaining how to repaid outboard motors or something.

Are you operating some kind of directory and are these guys using your submissions to on their site? I don't wuite get it.

clancey, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    contact google for re-inclusion. explain the situation and provide the evidence in a structured and simple way. also tell them about the actions you've taken to prevent this (like blocking referrers, ips, user-agents, etc in .htaccess). keep an eye on the situation by searching google for your content or using copyscape.com and eventually (hopefully) you can beat them.

Just a short note on .info domains .. a handful of people using these might have been the ones who've caused you these problems, but not every .info site is bad (maybe a minority are bad?).

Anyway, good luck and I hope you can sort the problem.

PS: don't forget to check out bad-behaviour and update (if you use it) bad-behaviour and .htaccess by checking your logs regularly and adding new IPs, user-agents, etc.

ryan_uk, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  4. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    for all the input. I'll check out bad-behaviour and try for the last time to make a re-inclusion request and THEN I'll just give up on Google and THEN I just might go to the Maldives :) OR maybe I'll start creating crappy web sites and use the same technique...... :eek:
    To Clancey: these are not my pages, they are pages from one of the scraper sites that has tens of thousands of pages in Google. Google says they want good content in web pages they list but I guess it looks more like quantity than quality and maybe, just maybe, Google makes hundreds of thousands of dollars on these sites and you don't kille the bird that lays a golden egg, do you:confused:

MikeSwede, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  5. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    MikeSwede, I am not trying to pick on you, but I am having trouble understanding what the issue is here. In you original post you said:
    Now, you are saying:

I am just having trouble reconciling your complaint. You started this thread by saying they are scraping your content . . . and now you are saying that is not the problem. I am :confused:

Also, I would not assume those sites are profitable. People avoid them like the plague.

clancey, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  6. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Clancey said: "Are you operating some kind of directory" and my reply was that these are not my pages, i.e. the pages he viewed were not mine and I am not running any directory but it seems that the scraper sites are

MikeSwede, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  7. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I just went in and searched for some of the domain names that used scraped content from my sites and it seems that Google finally!!! have removed them, and even better, if I go to the domain name I get a "Cannot find server" error!!!!!
    Maybe, just maybe Google listen. Now I just want my raped sites back in Google since as far as I know didn't do anything wrong!!! I mught not be a good SEO or even have the nicest sites but I still had viswitors from Google so someone was interested in visiting the site.
    Well, if it wasn't for MSN then most of us wouldn't get any visitors at all. It would take years and tons of SEO money:eek:

MikeSwede, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to know that one problem is over, but don't forget that someone else might try it again (or be trying it right now) so always a good idea to make sure you're protected as best as possible at all times. :)

Good luck, dude.

ryan_uk, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  9. mediology

mediology Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol that was the biggest joke I have seen in a LONG LONG time.

mediology, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  10. sumangal16

sumangal16 Peon

Best Answers:
    amazing.. but why do u care abt others ... ?

sumangal16, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  11. mediology

mediology Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I was referring to the spam post which was just before mine. Looks as though it was removed so my last post now makes no sense lol.

mediology, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  12. rebex

rebex Peon

Best Answers:
    This is true - believe it. I use, always have used Frontpage to create my websites so I'm always nosing around for tips and tricks with it. Anyways, I learned a looong time ago that right-click disabling doesn't work because I was taught and tried that all you have to do is click "Edit".

Forget right-click disable. Anyone who's trying to steal your site or content is going to be smart enough to know how to do it. Report them if you can. This is what I did.

But, I warn you!... Someone actually "copied and pasted" my entire website. It took over 18 months and I paid attorneys fees just over $4,000 and stressed out, etc... In the end the only thing that happened to the website owner is that the website was taken down. And, it wasn't even a result of attorneys. It was a matter of me writing and going to Network Solutions, first hand.

I could've pursued it, but it would've costed me even more money...and then I was told that even if I would've gotten a judgement that the fraudster most likely wouldn't pay it anyways!

This is just my experience. Maybe your's could turn out different. But, there's one thing that I learned from all of it is that, if your site is any good, people are going to copy it. I hate it it, but it's true! So sorry this happened to you!

rebex, Nov 10, 2006 IP