1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Showering in cold water

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GFX2, Apr 14, 2014.

Two months ago I started to shower in cold water.

At first I showered normally in hot ( warm ) water then at the end of my bathroom session I'd turn the temperature to the minimum, so it was like a shock to me.

From that day and foward I started increasing the second (yes,seconds) I was in cold water.

After two months (roughly) - Today I start to shower in cold water and by the end of my session I turn it to the bare minimum.

I'd suggest to every person here to try this because there are many benefits and improvements to your mind, body and soul.

You get through uncomfortable situations easily, you do not feel the uncomfortableness, because you are used to that kind of feeling when adjusting to cold water.

Your health is improved, your immune system gets bounus armor points.
    I intentionally shared saliva to test my immune system with 2 sick people during this period, both of them had temperature, cold and sore throath. ( Didn't kiss them tho haha, shared saliva through bottles, drinking from same glasses and smoking same cigarrette )

The worst thing that I've felt was tiredness and likely-to-get-sick-tommorow feeling, but due to cold water I didn't, I was functioning normally.

I have this Spring allergy that comes to me every year. But, you know what, this year I did not felt it at all. Only one day I wasted 2-3 packs of tissues but my saliva is crystal-clear.

Also, many great stuff comes also with showering in cold water - like calmness of the mind and feeling of power, balance.

Please share your experiences and ask questions.

Highly suggest this to everyone!

Cheers!

:)

GFX2, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  2. superprg

superprg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Must say if this is true you are very brave!
    But, do you really enjoy cold shower or its like a less than 5 minute routine with a tendency to finish it soon?
    Is it as enjoyable as warm showers?

superprg, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  3. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.
    Most of the time it suits me, I do enjoy it and tend to enjoy it ; there's a thin distance between enjoying it and wanting it to finish fast.
    But, either way the outcome result is always the same. :)
    No it's not, because I can't imagine a warm shower after trying cold ones. :p

GFX2, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  4. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bahahhaha, I do the same thing. Hot water makes me really drowsy. So blasting myself with cold water always helps. You just feel revitalized. And a morning cigarette ain't bad either ;)... after the coffee of course.

sweetpea69, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is interesting. I get the same effect when I shower in a really hot water. I know there are benefits to showering in cold water, but it never really, truly gives me the calmness or balance you're describing. Hot water, however, does. After a stressful day, if I take a really hot shower I start feeling like my stress is gone.

qwikad.com, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  6. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    I like taking ice cold showers. I haven't noticed any negative effects. Don't know if it improves my immune system but at least it gives very calm feeling afterwards.

dailycoins, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  7. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm, ew.

Thank you for (over)sharing.

Senobia, Apr 20, 2014 IP
    uand.eye likes this.
  8. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com: People do differentiate from each other, so every individual will find something that suits themselves. I belive that after a long and stresfull day a really nice and hot shower is what relaxes you the most. Thanks for your input, now we have variety in this thread! :)

@dailycoins: I know what calm feeling are you talking bout. That's the whole story. That's my man. :p

@Senobia: I knew I over shared but it was for this purpose to show you that it's really healthy and can not do you harm. Really wanted to share this 'tip' with you guys beacuse I want everyone to feel better, healthier... :)

GFX2, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    bettybakebake likes this.
  9. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Feel free to NEVER SHARE anything with me again, thanks.

Senobia, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  10. Veronica Vanity

Veronica Vanity Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like to wash in cold water too it makes my skin feel much better than in warm water.

Veronica Vanity, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  11. Mukino

Mukino Member

Best Answers:
    i'm gonna try it , always take a shower with hot water ahaha ;)

Mukino, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  12. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot stand cold shower and beside I cannot take cold shower unless if it's absolutely required to such as power outrage or similar. But the reason I cannot take cold shower is because I have severe damage in my spine (sisologics - or however they are spelled) and cold water make me very weakened to a point where I couldn't stand straight still because as bad as miserable pain I have to deal with every day, showering in cold water makes it almost very impossible to deal that puts me to my knees.

Joshie, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  13. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe if you lower the temperature by minimum every day so that your spine get's used to lower temperatures and learns to resist it and becomes stronger. Maybe.
    But you know yourself better than I do so you know what's best for you. Thanks for contributing!

GFX2, May 5, 2014 IP
  14. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to bump this thread. So far it's been a few months of constantly showering in cold water. Every day, at least once. Sometimes up to three times. Numbers are not important, the everyday routine is. I have to say you that today I'm sick. But you know what? I do not feel this sick feeling at all. In comparison to what I've felt before this is nothing. It's 4% the feeling I've had when I did not shower in cold water. To sum it all up in past few months I've had only 2 minor headaches, 1 major (reason was tiredness and didn't eat) and today I feel a little bit sick, but can do whatever I want.

So guys, girls, take cold water as an warm advice. ;)

Cheers!

GFX2, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  15. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once you go hot water, you cant go back! :D

gotkloud, Jul 27, 2014 IP
    bettybakebake and sarahk like this.
  16. farenheit000

farenheit000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cold water showers are the best! Here in Canada we just call them showers though.

farenheit000, Jan 5, 2015 IP
    GFX2 likes this.
  17. Julie Jacob

Julie Jacob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Switching to cold showers gradually over two months has brought numerous benefits, including improved mental resilience, increased tolerance for discomfort, enhanced immune system, and relief from spring allergies. Encourage others to try it for a sense of calmness, balance, and overall well-being.

Julie Jacob, Nov 15, 2023 IP
  18. vodafone

vodafone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always take shower with cold water, its healthy and perfect

vodafone, Dec 3, 2023 IP
  19. Julie Jacob

Julie Jacob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Switching to cold showers gradually over two months has brought numerous benefits, including improved mental resilience, increased tolerance for discomfort, enhanced immune system, and relief from spring allergies. Encourage others to try it for a sense of calmness, balance, and overall well-being.

Julie Jacob, Dec 7, 2023 IP
  20. Haley777

Haley777 Member

Best Answers:
    I usually take a warm shower and in the end, I turn on cold water for several seconds. It helps me wake up in the morning :)

Haley777, Dec 7, 2023 IP