1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Show profile for one usergroup but hide for other usergroups?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by lone road, Oct 10, 2011.

I've recently been asked to assist on an established board.

The owner has asked me to put in a specific option which I've never heard of - is this available / possible?

Currently all member's profiles can be viewed by any registered member.

What the owner wants is to make one usergroup's profile visible by anyone (even guests) but not the other usergroups'.

I know I can turn "view member info/profile" on/off for the unregistered/guest usergroup, but I am not aware of any way to do this for one specific usergroup.

Suggestions?

lone road, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  2. strudinox

strudinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Admin CP >> Usergroups >> Usergroup manager >> Unregistered / Not Logged in -- EDIT /

Then set Can View Member Info to No

strudinox, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  3. lone road

lone road Peon

Best Answers:
    That option will stop Unregistered / not logged in members being able to view all Profiles but the task I was assigned was to do is (not let Unreg/non logged members see profiles) for most usergroups, but let them see the Profiles of one specific user group.

It's that "let one specific user group's Profile be publicly visible" part that is stuffing me up.

The annoying thing is that the reason I was assigned this is because the boss saw this feature on another forum (using different forum software) and simply told me to do it. When I tried to tell them that different forum programs have different options, they figuratively stuck their fingers in their ears and said "la la la la - just do it".

*sigh*

lone road, Oct 13, 2011 IP