1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should we uptimize our sit for other search engine

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by shahid ashraf, Jul 19, 2013.

Should We optimize our site for webcrawel deltaserach and other search engine bcaz 90% traffic come from google ,yahoo,bing

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    shahid ashraf, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  2. Charles90

Charles90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why wouldn't you? You have access to potentially 10% more customers.

Charles90, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  3. Klarksen

Klarksen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well I would only focus on google and it is 95% Google now.
    If you focus on Bing its like 1.5% and its like the same difficulty to rank there like in Google so forget about that ;)

Klarksen, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  4. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    hi Krarksen ,
    as you said Google have 95% market. so every one should optimize his site according to google's algo.
    but the thing about other search engine is ...... are they worthless?
    No way .Search engine submission is a process of submitting their site to as many search engines as they can.
    This is a great way to get traffic from search engine....

Matt Alen, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  5. Erin Catorina

Erin Catorina Member

Best Answers:
    It also depends on the location, for example: if you want to optimize your site for China, then you should optimize your site on Baidu as well , as it is one of the famous search engines there. And I also agree with Charles, if you want 100% traffic then you should optimize your site on all search engines.

Erin Catorina, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  6. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should optimize your website for search engines and not for Google. And by doing so automatically your rankings will come up and you will start getting visitors from all around. I use this method.
    Sometime you may get away from first page of Google for sometime because it does like so. Here you can get help from other search engines.
    And still today people have not lost trust from other Search Engines so its worth doing.:)

Rishit Shah, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  7. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    well said rishit Shah. we should optimize our site for search engine not for google.
    but i am a little bit disagree with you, please don't mind.
    as 90% of searches comes from google, yahoo and bing so our major focus should be at these search engines.
    also
    we should not just look for these top ranked search engines but some other too.

Dean

dean1122, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  8. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you could get found by those "few" people who are basically your potential customers, that will be very fine for you! Add this to the google search results. But my take is, find what works for you - your target audience, your campaign, and as you go on, your conversion rate. Review your primary goal and come up with a unique, tested way of what is bringing in your customers. Find that out.

doktu, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  9. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you totally but getting a small bit more from Yahoo and all apart from Google can be a bonus. Otherwise even my first preference would be Google. My point of saying is that you should not ONLY focus on Google.

Rishit Shah, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  10. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shahid,

don't optimize your site for search engines because chances are you'll be disappointed. Focus on people by creating quality content on your site and don't focus on keyword density or anything that might possibly get you on page one of Google. The reason why I'm saying this is because search engine algorithms are always changing and you don't want to work so hard on something to try to rank one page one of Google and then find out in never worked in first place. Do you understand what I'm saying? Like I said, create quality content for people and when you're doing so, speak naturally just like your conversing with another person face-to-face in conversation. All that other overthinking mind-boggling search engine optimization stuff and people will be able to relate to what you're saying when your site naturally… Just like what you're reading in this forum reply to you right now. If you have any questions about anything, give me a holler and I'll post the answer to your question on my site and I won't mention your name. :)

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  11. johnclarketwo

johnclarketwo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As per my view we should optimize for other search engines because we could get some extra traffic from these search engines.

johnclarketwo, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  12. Jacob Philip

Jacob Philip Member

Best Answers:
    Well putting all the concentration on Google will be fine but not a good idea though. Thought of BIng which is in Facebook so possibility that you can get a good lead out of that. In my opinion do optimize for all the search engines by clearly making the mind that we are not going to miss any sing user - means 100% traffic. Also place is an important point like Erin said Baidu is best in china, yandex in Russia so we also take care of those things.

If you try to optimize the site for Google more probably there is chances that you will rank higher for same keyword in other search engines as well.

Jacob Philip, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  13. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:

I totally agree with you on everything you said in reference to not focusing on optimizing a blog or website solely for Google search results. I would also tell the person just to keep their content natural and updated daily on their blog website, so that they rank well in all major search engines. Additionally, I also tell people not to focus on search term phrase ranking or keyword density, because it's a virtual waste of time. Don't you agree also? :)

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  14. Jacob Philip

Jacob Philip Member

Best Answers:
    Major search Engines focuses on the Keyword density but in an optimized way. While it may be uselees as you say but in my mind it also a factor so we can't ignore them. What ever way of your search keyword will always be there. I would suggest to post on trending topics, give fresh update as well as try to get link juice from other websites.

Jacob Philip, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  15. ptrade

ptrade Peon

Best Answers:
    No I would rather optimize 100% on Google !! I mean no others are definately getting you the traffic that Google does! G Rules! :)

ptrade, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  16. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    You're right. Keyword density is also good for bloggers and website publishers were focused on a sole topic too.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  17. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my suggestion would be if your site is optimized for google yahoo bing - so it is much obvious that other search engines will crawl too - because other search engines still work on basic methods such as meta-tags and domain url...

i hope this helps...

infogle, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  18. Jacob Philip

Jacob Philip Member

Best Answers:
    It's not always true mind yourself in Russia where yandex defeat Google, Baidu is ruler in China...... what you have to say about this?

Jacob Philip, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  19. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    Jacob,

I would have to agree with you rather than the person above you mentioning about strictly optimizing for Google. Google is a great search engine but is not the only major one on the World Wide Web.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  20. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't optimize for one search engine only, even a highly trafficked one like Google. If your competition outranks you at some point, or your website gets some kind of algorithmic or manual penalty, recovering might take a long time and require you a lot of effort and sacrifice. When you take as many available search engines in consideration, along with other sources of traffic (e-newsletters, advertising, social media, inbound marketing, etc.) then you don't risk losing your business on a Google's whim.

Be careful not to put all your eggs in Google's (or another source's) basket.

luanatf, Nov 23, 2013 IP