1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should the US give more than 3 billions to Israel when Israel economy is booming?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ablaye, Sep 26, 2007.

?

Should the US government give more than 3 billions of our tax dollars to Israel?

1. Yes, the US should

36.1%
  2. No, the US should not

61.1%
  3. Not sure or too scared to say

2.8%
  1. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lorien1973, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that USA is dependent on Israel for science and technology? This will be an interesting claim since it is Israel that constantly spies on American military and industrial complex. :rolleyes:

It is interesting how the cheerleaders group is always ready to sell their own country down the river for Israel sake. I can understand your leaders since they get paid by money or votes from Israel lobby but what do you get out of it? :confused:

gworld, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  3. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    they get to stay in herd

ferret77, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  4. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you miss when I said:

US gives foreign aid to Egypt to reward Egypt for making peace with Israel. So, the egyptians are getting paid for having made a peace treaty with Israel.
    One could agree that the foreign aid that Egypt is getting is ultimately for the benefit of Israel.

ablaye, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  5. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Did I imply that? Previous poster simply said we don't get anything from our relationship. I'm just posting that we do. I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings :(

what is being sold down the river? I know you hate israel for no apparent reason, but it seems that your argument here isn't grounded in reality.

6. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    no one said they hated Israel they just asked why we give them our tax money

are you happy giving them your tax money?

7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    you know as well as I do, that gworld as an un-natural dislike for Israel. Don't be coy and pretend you don't know it.

I do not mind giving foreign to our allies. Why do you? In the total of the budget, the amount is insignificant. There is probably 100x more money wasted in normal everyday government operations than we give Israel.

I do have a problem giving aid to countries that turn around and moan about everything we do.

Israel is surrounded by hostile countries that'd love to see it obliterated. I find it odd that we have people saying "let the slaughter commence" Especially given that almost all the aid we provide comes back to this country when Israel buys equipment to defend itself from those same groups.

8. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the scam that is being used by zionists and Israel supporters to push for support for Israel.
    The arabs are dying to make peace with Israel.
    The arabs have offered a comprehensive peace plan to Israel. Withdraw from the occupied territories, allow the palestinian refugees to return, and ALL the arab states will offer you peace and normalize ties with you.
    Israel has rejected the offer.

So in the meantime, we are supposed to give 1/3 of our total foreign aid budget to Israel (a country who is driving anti-americanism), never mind that there are so many countries in the world where people are dying because they don't have anything to eat.

If you want to give your money to Israel, go ahead. Many of us don't want to but don't have a choice either.

ablaye, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  9. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The arabs are dying because they want to get 72 virgins, not because they want peace with Israel.
    Giving land and releasing terrorists from jail sounds like a very tempting offer for peace (lol).
    We give them a finger, they want the whole arm.

[​IMG]

Enough Talking, More Acting.

DevilHellz, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  10. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    because its not in our interest to be allies with them, being friends with them involves us in their conflicts, which our country has no stake in, who cares about some land in desert? why does some dispute over some land 99.99% of this country could give a rats ass about, need to involve us?

they are militarily the most powerful in region, with or without our aid, at this point

lol, comes back to our country? no it comes back to some defense contractors and arms dealers, it doesn't come back to us

11. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    more like dying to destroy Israel. The palestinians were given like 90% of what they wanted in the 90's but turned it down because killing jews is a lot more fun for them.

Israel resettled and absorbed all of the Jews from Arab countries who wished to become Israelis. Why haven’t any Arab countries offered to resettle Arabs who were displaced from Israel, leaving them to rot for 60 years in squalid refugee camps? And why are those refugee camps still there? Could it be that the billions of dollars that the UNWRA has sent there goes to terrorist groups like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, El Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, or Hezbollah? How did Yassir Arafat achieve his $300 million in wealth? Why aren’t these funds distributed for humanitarian use?

Please explain why you are so concerned about Arabs, who possess 99% of the land in this region and are in control of the world’s greatest natural resource, which literally flows out of the ground? Can’t their brother muslims offer some of the surplus land and nature’s riches to the “Palestinians”? Or is it true that Arabs are willing to die right down to the last “Palestinian”?

Yes, many of you who long for the destruction of israel don't want to. I'm sorry if jews being live hurts your feelings :(

what conflicts are we engaged in because of israel, ferret? Last i checked, Israel fights (and wins) its own fights.

its because of our aid that they are. the money they get from us is generally used to buy the weapons they use to defend themselves.

Ask yourself ferret. If we stopped aid to Israel and they had to build their own weapons, etc there - would the world stand for it? Would the world sit by and let Israel build all the planes, missiles, etc it needs to survive? Of course not; sanctions would be imposed almost immediately.

Doesn't that tell you its not about foreign aid - its that we have world leaders who just cannot stand the country's existence.

Maybe you should refocus on the countries that want to destroy the jews and israel and wonder "hmm, if they stopped killing jews maybe we wouldn't have to send so much aid there" Wonder why that hasn't entered your thought process yet.

comes back to this country, as I said. Sorry if you aren't getting a check from the jewish consulate as you'd like. I'm not sure what your point here is.

Besides, this thread starts on a false premise. Israel's GDP growth is 1% - hardly booming. Unemployment is at 10%. But I'm sure no one bothered to look at that; just launched into the "yeah, israel sucks" bandwagon. It's easy to do.

12. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    the current war on "tear"

well buy the weapons with their own money, not our tax money

who would not stand for it? who would impose sanctions and with what army?

13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So according to you, anyone who doesn't like you and your friends, constantly bend over for Israel, has a "un-natural" dislike for Israel. :rolleyes:

Why do you have a natural like for Israel? Is it because by helping them, it increase the risk of terrorism against USA which can result in death of American citizen? Is it because it is oppressive regime that kills Arabs? Is it because it has previously attacked American navy? Is it because it has spy rings in USA and convinces American citizens to spy on their behalf and become a traitor? May be it is because you think if they don't give the money to Israel then they will spend it for health care insurance for American children and that would be totally wrong? :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  14. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I say no.

Seriously. the US has its own problems that need resolved FIRST.

There are a lot of homeless and starving people here in the USA no matter what you people think and don't forget healthcare... a lot of people need healthcare.

What about national debt? Its rising every day, and giving funds that we don't have doesn't make sense.

Try paying 2 dollars for something even though you don't have 2 dollars on you.

Stroh, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Ok. So you think we are in this for israel. I coulda -sworn- there were other reasons here. thanks for your deep insight, as usual. Sometime in 98, if I remember right, wasn't it? Give it some deeper thought, and just try (for once) to understand the issue at hand will ya?

Well, for starters, the UN - who regularly passes declarations against israel while giving other countries a pass. Or do you ignore these sorts of things? If Israel wasn't funded to keep its army going, it'd easily be overwhelmed by its neighbors - in pure numbers and strength.

And let's all clap for gworld, who makes my point for me with this typical trollish reply.

Nope. People - like yourself - who seem to chime in against Israel while giving those who blow themselves up inside Israel - killing civilians on purpose get a pass. Sound familiar, gworld? It should.

Why do you not exhibit the same level of concern for say, people in Saudi Arabia who are beheaded, subject to amputation, stoning, honor killing etc.? What about women who are denied any semblance of basic civil rights, including the right not to be treated as property for the entertainment and abuse of her father, brothers, or husbands? What about the Muslims in Sudan and Egypt who are still enslaved, or the women there whose genitalia are barbarically cut off? How about the oppression of Shiites by Sunnis, the gassing of the Kurds by Iraq, or the massacre of “Palestinians” by Jordan (Black September)? Why doesn’t this concern you?

How so? Are you going to play the beaten wife too for us. Seems to be a common malady around here.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2115832,00.html
    Did you ever stop to wonder how much better off everyone in the region would be if Arabs stopped trying to kill Jews and destroy Israel? What would happen if the Israelis gave up their weapons and disarmed? Would they live to see the next day? But what would happen if the Arabs completely disarmed? You know the answer: They would all be AT PEACE! And if there is no war to rile them up, the Arabs would be forced to look at their own repressive, pre-medieval societies. Why would they want to do that when there are Jews to kill?

16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So if USA doesn't care about the people in Saudi Arabia and actually works with that government, why should USA be concerned with what happens to Israel? :confused:

The question is not about bad things that happens in the world, the question is WHY USA should help Israel, a country that causes more terrorism against USA and it's citizens, recruits Americans to spy on their own country and runs spy rings in USA to steal military and industrial secrets?

What is it in it for USA and it's citizens? You just sound like one of your leaders, Israel first and America second which makes you a traitor to your country. At least your masters get paid for being a Benedict Arnold in votes and money, you just sell your country down the river for no reason. :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Palestinians already have a country and it is Jordan. Prior to 1948 Transjordam was one adminstartive unit and it was divided to create a Palestinian state and Jewish state.

The Romans introduced the word Palestine as a way to expunge the name Judea from the map-a punishment for the Bar Kochba rebellion suppressed in 135 C.E.

bogart, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  18. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Israel and the US ignore the UN when it doesn't suit us now, why would we start obeying it in the future

They can pass resolutions or whatever, but who would enforce it?

ferret77, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  19. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    That's the question I always ask about the UN. But face it, if you have the have Israel building bases and missiles to defend it own self; you are going to have sanctions imposed guaranteed. The US may ignore it; but then that puts them in a bad position in regards to other countries who would obey it - notably Russia/China/etal.

So, again, the real question you should be asking yourself is - Why don't the countries that want to see Israel exterminated focus on their own crappy pieces of desert instead of lusting after Israel's crappy piece of desert.

But the focus is on Israel. Ever wonder why, Ferret?

Exactly my point, Bogart. But no one demands Jordan have a right of return. No one demands Kuwait have a right of return. Only Israel. Curious.

An ally in a part of the world where we have no allies? Is that a difficult concept for you, gworld?

Where have I made a statement putting Israel before America, gworld? You are -really- bad at putting words in my mouth. I know its simply a defense mechanism because you have nothing intelligent to say, but please don't. It's boring.

Explain to me again how supporting Israel nets us more terrorism?

I hear jews eat babies too.

lorien1973, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  20. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    well the thread is about giving them money, isn't it

ferret77, Oct 1, 2007 IP