1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should the US give more than 3 billions to Israel when Israel economy is booming?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ablaye, Sep 26, 2007.

?

Should the US government give more than 3 billions of our tax dollars to Israel?

1. Yes, the US should

36.1%
  2. No, the US should not

61.1%
  3. Not sure or too scared to say

2.8%
  1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what kind of pizza he delivers?

debunked, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The thread is about why USA should give money to Israel. Can you give any good explanation about how American people benefit from giving the American tax dollars to a country that increases the risk of terrorism toward USA by it's actions in middle east and have spy rings in USA that steals American military secrets? :confused:

gworld, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  3. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    pizzaman, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The Nobel Peace Prize became a worthless piece of junk not worthy of respect once they gave one to the terrorist Arafat.

Simple, Israel is the front line for western civilization versus many crazy Islamic extremists. The fact that Israel is attacked with missiles by Islamic crazies daily should be a pretty good indicator that they need all the protection they can get. It is terrorist groups like Hamas with their explicit hatred and threats against both Israel and the United States that make this type of spending necessary. I, as an American taxpayer, find this to be one of the better uses for my tax dollars.

Israel is the West's proverbial canary in a coal mine against Islamic terrorism.

browntwn, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  5. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to silence me? What are you afraid of?

ablaye, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why is Israel the front line for western civilization? What Western civilization do you mean? What does Israel have in common with this western civilization? Is it language? Is it race or is it religion? :rolleyes:

Who has more weapons, Palestinian or Israel? Who has occupied whose land? In any conflict who suffers the higher number of casualty? It seems the fact shows that Israel doesn't need help to kill the Arabs. :rolleyes:

Why should Hamas hate U.S.? How often people from Palestine and Americans meet? Do they have a common border or are they even in the same continent? Don't you think that the reason they hate U.S. is exactly because U.S. helps Israel to suppress them and if U.S. stop doing that then there will be no need for them to hate U.S?

If you think it is better use for American tax dollar to pay for Israel and make enemies and increase terror risk or pay for their spy rings in U.S., so they can steal military and industrial intelligence from U.S., instead of spending it on solving homeless situation in U.S.A or give medical insurance to American children, then may be there is something wrong with your priorities. :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  7. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... I see that Israel's GDP Per capita is higher than Estonia's... so if you do not mind then I'll give you my bank account details and you can send me couple of millions :D

hanz, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It won't happen before you make couple of lobby groups and start buying some American politicians that can pay you back after they are high enough in the government. :D

gworld, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  9. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Israel does.
    Palestinians, because they are dumb creatures. They put women and children in the front line, they don't know what is a strategic and smart combat. They are just meat for the bullets and meat to be blown up in buses and streets.
    Actually, Israel needs help to defend itself. There are quite a lot of Arabs surrounding the country. Surely, Israel has the superiority in strategy, combat and anything else that involves using your brain - but that does not mean that it can handle it without any help. ;)

DevilHellz, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The US donated $13 billion, or nearly $100 billion in today's dollars to aid Europe after WW2 with the Marshall Plan

The U.S. has spent about $6 trillion (in today's dollars) to fight poverty

bogart, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If Palestinians got enough money and permission to buy tanks, airplanes and atomic bombs from USA, I am sure they would prefer to use those weapons too. :rolleyes:

First of all there is no bases for your claims since Israel has superior military power and it is the only nuclear power in that region, so your claim that they need help to defend themselves is just BS. Second, if it was true, how is that U.S.A problem and why should American tax dollar be spent to help Israel to suppress it's neighbors when Bush is resisting to provide health insurance for children because of the cost? Are you saying that paying Israel is a reward for Israel running spy rings in USA and spying on American military and industry? :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  12. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DevilHellz keeps saying that his country is superior and will have no problem defending against the threats of the Middle East, citing previous military victories. At the same time, he tries to maintain that his country needs help to defeat its enemies. Which is it?

omgitsfletch, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  13. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Mate, Israel is superior with the help it gets, because they are smarter and know how to use the help and the money it has got.
    Funny how people have got no problem with Egypt getting $2 billion every year from US...

The Webmaster, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  14. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Who said that? It's just Israel's support is a lot more successful in pissing off terrorists (they say this themselves), so it's a lot more in the news. I say fuck their funding still, and fuck Egypt's funding too.

omgitsfletch, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  15. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The US is kind enough to support Israel by giving it money, apart from a strong ally in a pile of desert shit, surely they have quite a few reasons for that.
    Israel is grateful for this support.

Yes, gworld, that's exactly it! :eek:

As Webmaster said, Israel is superior thanks to the help it gets as well as being much smarter than the enemy.

DevilHellz, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I don't think we should give money to them either

How about we spend American tax money on Americans, you guys in India can support Israel for awhile, do you guys give any of your money out in foreign aid?

I don't know, if both sides had the same weapons , not sure who would come out on top

Having planes tends to sway military victories, when the enemy doesn't have planes

ferret77, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  17. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Ohh thats absolutely fine, choose a govt. that can stop funding to every foreign country and spend all the tax money on Americans.
    Yes we do. Obviously India is not as rich as US so we cant give out enormous funds like US do. But under UN resolutions India funds smaller countries that need help like Bhutan or Nepal.

The Webmaster, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  18. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    I voted yes.

Pauline, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure Israel is grateful for that but it is interesting that despite suggesting "few reasons" by many posters, nobody can actually show us what those reason are. It seems the only "reason" is that Israel has found out that American politicians are cheap and bargain to buy. You pay a politicians a dollar and you get hundreds of dollars back in foreign aid. :)

gworld, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  20. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Exactly Gworld. All I hear is "They are a great ally in the Middle East." This implies that our relationship is mutual, and that we gain something back from supporting them. In reality, the relationship is parasitic, or at best commensal.

We support them, send billions of dollars over to them, give them weapons and make the rest of the Middle East nervous, and what do we get back? A "beacon of democracy in the Middle East"? What the fuck does that mean?

We get very little back from them, and numerous things point to the fact that our involvement in Israel and the Middle East as a whole is detrimental to our society and makes us Enemy #2 (behind Israel) to every extremist on the Arabian peninsula. Aside from the ridiculous idea that Israel being in the Middle East and war with Israel will begin the Christian end times, what other justification do we have for bringing so much shit upon ourselves?

omgitsfletch, Sep 30, 2007 IP