1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Seomoz.org (Page Strength) be added to the Quick Buck Crew site?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ! Ask !, Jun 10, 2007.

?

Should Seomoz.org (Page Strength) be added to the Quick Buck Crew site?

1. Yes, include then

38.6%
  2. No, don't include then

37.1%
  3. Who cares?

24.3%
  1. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It does not count all those backlinks as backlinks

If you are having 1000 backlinks from a site

It will be calculated as only one baclink!!!!(It depends upon on some other mechanism)

you do not know about PD see my blog !!!!

Freewebspace, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  2. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not the case all the time, you are looking at things as a one size fits all, that is never the case there are several scenarios in link building not all links will be counted as backlinks, but the ones that do count as backlinks are to be processed and calculated carefully, which is what PS does.

you can not disregard the total value of a link from authority sites, not at all, the links at del.icio.us and technorati are counted because they are sites that actually send some linkjuice if you are doing it right.

To put it simply, you can't put your right foot in a left sided shoe.

Correction, i don't care about PD.
    and as it seems no one else does in this thread as well.

And now either way im done talking about just how good PS is and how great its results are, i have enough proof for me to trust in it.

This thread is about PS, not PD. stay on topic.

Edit

To get back on topic
    PS is indeed a great tool but there are broken reports there as well, which is why this whole thread is here atm, it was indeed offered as a free tool, but it was made paid because people tend to query the same report over and over just to see their backlinks go up by 1 and their PS go up by .5 or a whole 1 (i know i do now :D)

They do have explained how to increase a sites PR and PS and how to boost its over all strength in their premium documents.

The argument here stands, why is it paid.

Gnet, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  3. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:

I do not want to talk about it any more as your eyes are shut!!!!

you does not have patience to see what I am telling !

This shows that whatever others may say only PS is good for you!

even though they may have valid points you will always disregard it!!!

Freewebspace, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  4. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a bad idea to offer it as paid.
    A checking tool cant be paid..

You can always give some ebooks, tips, extra features etc to premium members..

But its the PS still which gave them popularity and now they are misusing their popularity.

The tool is never consitent also..
    I always see this message "
    Fetching and processing page strength factors...please wait up to 30 seconds"

MeetHere, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  6. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's ashame they use nofollow tags on member profiles heh :)

Even if they are in it for the quick few bucks they'll be making, it's their business lol.. I'm sure if they are added to the 'QBC', it won't hurt their reputation lol :rolleyes:

terryuk, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  7. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    ! Ask !, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  8. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How are they scamming anyone? You got the test drive now if you want the product pay up!

BlueDevilMedia, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  9. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    There should have been another level of $9.95 for 500 queries or something like this. $40/mo is too much for a not so regular webmaster/seo

Did they really say that they are having BW issues hence offering premium accounts ? :D

poseidon, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  10. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i would probably agree with different levels of accounts.

But this tool has a worldwide audience, not just promoted from one forum!? I don't think many people understand this :confused: Do you think Youtube has just one server...? They obviously need to cover their overheads one of which being servers & bandwidth for the huge visitors they recieve for the PS tool alone.

terryuk, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  11. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    That's one of the stupidest things I have read in a while. It's their tool, it's their site and they are free to do whatever they want with it. The tools have development costs and the problem probably isn't the bandwidth but processing power. So what are the options? Add another dedicated to handle the PS queries ($XXX per month) or limit queries for freeloaders (like me)? I know what most people would choose, even the ones complaining.

Accusing a company like that is beyond stupid and irresponsible to say the least. You do realize that we are talking about a real company with real employees that have offered you free tools to play with, good information and advice for free.

dkessaris, Jun 12, 2007 IP
    terryuk and sachin410 like this.
  12. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad someone here has the right idea!

terryuk, Jun 12, 2007 IP
    dkessaris and sachin410 like this.
  13. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    :) IMHO

- stupid is giving 1 query a day, better to just close it for free
    - stupid is charging $40/month for a tool that doesn’t offer reliable results
    - stupid is not offering a low cost option for the PS tool only
    - stupid is thinking that nobody will develop a much better tool and offer it for free or much cheaper.

BTW probably they only offered for free to get it popular so now they can charge.

Next step Google will start charging a package $50/month for you to check PR and include some adwords money and some e-books on SEO.

! Ask !, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  14. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol Ask, I think you are going out of the 'QBC' rules :eek:

Reference to that thread here. I do not see SeoMoz doing no bitching, the only one i can see is you :confused:

IMHO :)

terryuk, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  15. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Exactly, its their business and they have all rights to decide on their pricing policy/strategy. If they are going wrong on this, its their problem. They are not scamming anyone, they gave the option to try their services for free and now they want to charge. Whether appropriate or not, its their policy. If you don't like, move on and find/develop another tool.

I think we need to differentiate between two issues, namely:

1) Their pricing Strategy- Its their business, let them run the way want to. I don't think they are scamming any one.
    2) Correctness of their tool - Now this is wonky and broken. I have a big time problem on this one. Am sure someone can have an opportunity to compete with them. If there is need to debate on quality of the tool, then we need to have a separate thread.

My 2c

NeoGen, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  16. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I would classify it as “Selling a faulty product at premium prices” :D

! Ask !, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  17. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    The answer is ignore and don't buy it. Move on to the next shop!:D

Okay, if after purchase /buying you are facing problem, then you have all right to complaint.;)

NeoGen, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  18. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and I don't see that on the official "QBC" rule list lol...

Yep, exactly lol. I don't know why you even wanted SeoMoz on the "QBC". Maybe bump your alexa with an exciting thread title? Like i said before, your website will not hurt their reputation, but only yours.

terryuk, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  19. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO
    -Giving one query per day is smart. They are enticing users to sign up for the membership, plus they are not losing all the backlinks from the PS badges. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it stupid.
    -The membership obviously doesn't include only the PS tool, it's just part of the package
    -It's just a business choice, if you as a customer would like that why not just propose it in a nice way instead of throwing accusations. Even if they don't accept it is still their site, their choice.
    -Even if that happens (someone creates a better tool) I don't believe that it will affect them in any way for various reasons such as:
    1. The one that will develop it will need to have a big reach in the webmasters/blogging/seo community.
    2. PS tool is not the main selling point of the membership
    3.They were first and that counts much more than most people would think.
    etc
    Also since that is in your opinion such a stupid move why don't you take the opportunity and hire a freelancer to create that tool for you and take advantage of their "stupid decision"?

So what? A perfectly legit business practice.

dkessaris, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  20. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Giving somethign away then charging isn't new or QBC. IF SeoMOZ was charged from day 1. We wouldn't be talking about it. HECK NO ONE WOULD USE IT. This way they gave it free had $$$$ bandwith costs and now that everyone knows said if you want to run tests all day pay us 39$ a month, if not you can have 1 or 2 free ones but...

Nothing wrong with that. This is walking a tight line they should not be mentioned look at the rest of their site they put ALOT of effort into it, there growth was not QUICK which is a fundamental part of QBC...

Quick Buck Crew shouldn't be used in same sentence IMO.

Dubz, Jun 12, 2007 IP