1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I worry about running out of topics to post about on my website? Is recycling topics okay?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by evan432, Nov 3, 2018.

So I found a good niche, but I'm worried about starting a website and email list and eventually running out of content to post. Have any experienced marketers experienced this problem? How do you overcome it?? I know you can ask your users what they want and such, but I feel like eventually, you will still run out of content. Does that make it okay to recycle content sometimes, or do you eventually have to switch niches?

evan432, Nov 3, 2018 IP
  2. Penny44

Penny44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with recycling topics as long as you are adding a new twist to it. Look at the subject from a different angle and then write about that. Asking your readers what they want to see is also an excellent way to make sure that you are keeping them engaged.

Penny44, Nov 3, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I suspect you're not actually passionate about your topic - if you were you probably wouldn't run out of things to say.

It's ok to cover old ground, but look at other angles: new developments, things newbies do wrong, hints to not get stuck

sarahk, Nov 3, 2018 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  4. touristhelp

touristhelp Peon

Best Answers:
    hello my friend.
    I think topics never end so there must be some topics that you forget.

touristhelp, Nov 4, 2018 IP
  5. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, the topics to write about in any niche are endless, but you have to obtain the information to write about them.

ATMD, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  6. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't like just one piece on a topic. I like different angles, pros n cons, updated info, etc etc. I can't imagine running out of things to write. The problem is I can't seem to have the time to sit and do it. I think I should carry around a voice recorder :D.
    Think about recycling your topics like this. "Remember xyz? Look what they've done to it now!" or some junk like that.

Karen May Jones, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  7. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, that is true

ATMD, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  8. Abraham Cherian

Abraham Cherian Member

Best Answers:
    Abraham Cherian, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  9. WizardOfWisdom

WizardOfWisdom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll never run out of content ... and here's why:
    Do you ever run out of things to talk about with your friends? Of course not!
    Whatever niche you're in, it will evolve and grow and change. Mostly, your content will be guided by people's problems and questions.
    And those will NEVER end!

Having said all of that, do the same themes come up time and again?

Of course! And that's golden. Then you know that you can create a product - perhaps an ebook, a training video series ... whatever ... around that topic because you've found an evergreen sweet spot in your niche.

Right now, as you start your website, you only know whatever you know. But, trust me, your knowledge will grow, your understanding will deepen and above all, your experiences will accumulate, so you'll have new insights and ideas. You may even decide to conduct and experiment related to your niche that even you won't know the outcome of ... and you could share that adventure, step by step, with your followers on your blog!

Content will no more dry up than you'll run out of words to say to your mates.

You'll be fine. Have fun and good luck! :)

WizardOfWisdom, Dec 8, 2018 IP
  10. Andzej

Andzej Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be affraid. You will solve this problem when you will face it. Don't think about problems too soon. You didn't started so now you should think how to start but not about future problems. The main problem which everyone are doings is thinking about problems too soon. Good luck. ;)

Andzej, Dec 10, 2018 IP
  11. cormoran

cormoran Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do some research. Find the topics that are not completely your niche, but closely related. Let the users share their knowledge and experience. You will realise soon you have a lot to say and show :)

cormoran, Dec 24, 2018 IP
  12. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have the same issue. Some niches just run out of topics to write about. I usually do marketing at that point and get the word out about my content.

I know professional writers that can only write 30 articles about some niche and never look at the website again till they starting seeing some earnings.

Sometimes you just have to set and forget.

FarrisFahad, Jan 1, 2019 IP
  13. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also update your existing content by adding some more latest information on the topic. For example, if there is an article on "Social Media Trends in 2018" you can add the "Social Media Trends for 2019" and make a new article. But I don't think you will fall short of topics.

MilesWeb, Jan 3, 2019 IP
  14. flash2021

flash2021 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An easy way for me is to take a sub-topic that was touched on in a previous topic and spin 'it into it's own standalone topic.

flash2021, Jan 27, 2019 IP
  15. Anders_

Anders_ Peon

Best Answers:
    This shouldn't be a problem, after all you can always outsource the articles and creative process to good content writers.

Yes it is okay to do a certain level of topic recycling, but the articles have to be properly re-written so that Google doesn't see it as duplicate content (trying to cheat your way higher in search rankings by just copying content).

Anders_, Feb 7, 2019 IP