1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I work on increasing sales of my existing products or start a new business?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aab1, May 17, 2012.

I want to increase my income and would like to know if I should work on increasing sales of my existing products or start a new business.

My best selling products are a software program to snipe eBay auctions and a refill solution concentrate to refill Braun self cleaning shaver cartridges for a fraction of the price. I also sell a health info/recipe book but it's a very small part of my income and I'm also slowly starting to get into making and selling soap.

Do you think I should work on increasing the sales of the products I currently sell or should I start an additional business and if so what?

Thank you

aab1, May 17, 2012 IP
  2. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look into creating mobile websites for businesses.... It is predicted that by 2013, more people will be accessing the web from a mobile phone than from a PC. So now is a great time to get involved, as 85% of businesses don't have a mobile website.

www.mobileinternetbiz.com

MobileInternet, May 18, 2012 IP
  3. briantymes

briantymes Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have the time, you should work on increasing your current business, and start up another business. The more income streams you have comming in, the more money you will end up making in the long run.

briantymes, May 18, 2012 IP
  4. tanlinda

tanlinda Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree the above friend, If you have the time, you should work on increasing your current business, and start up another business.

tanlinda, May 18, 2012 IP
  5. Ayansarei

Ayansarei Peon

Best Answers:
    See, In this scenario I'll suggest you must keep up your existing business with new look. More concentrate to your online marketing presence activities.

Ayansarei, May 18, 2012 IP
  6. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest that instead of starting a new business, continue to boost up your present one. It'll take quite a bit of time to get the new business running smooth, and by that time, you'll gain nothing. Everything depends on what you think - does your present business have potential to grow? If not then go for a new business. Otherwise, stick to what you've got already.

traxport121, May 18, 2012 IP
  7. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Spend 70% of your time focusing on what's working (and making you money) and 30% on new ventures or ideas.

GradeAMoney, May 18, 2012 IP
  8. kelvindavid222

kelvindavid222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Upgrade your existing business while thinking of ideas for your new business. When you finish with the ugrade, now focus on setting up your new business. This will increase your income in the long run. Kelvin David

Last edited: May 19, 2012
    kelvindavid222, May 19, 2012 IP
  9. Gary Ling

Gary Ling Peon

Best Answers:
    As Ebay is still the biggest online shopping website, i don't think its going anyway. So you can still work on selling more of your software.

For starting a new business, you will have to do some market research first before you venture into anything which you do not know, aab1.

Gary Ling, May 19, 2012 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on how big your confident about your "new product", if you have big confident that the new product can generate good income to you compare to the software program, then go ahead to the new product. Otherwise, just focus on increase the sales

lifeplayer, May 19, 2012 IP
  11. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on scaling what ur already doing, in other words, try to sell more of your existing products. People jump around too much. Good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, May 19, 2012 IP
  12. wiseguy212

wiseguy212 Active Member

Best Answers:
    EXPLODE YOUR PRODUCT SALES!

Sales down? Put the marketing muscle of our over 100,000 members to work for you, promoting and selling your products. Sell your products worldwide. FREE to list.

http://www.tripleclicks.com/11598906/ECA

wiseguy212, May 20, 2012 IP
  13. uoftenwinny

uoftenwinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Promote your business on blog.
    and post quality backlinks ,it's best if the contents are original. it helps a lot for ranking and record.

uoftenwinny, May 21, 2012 IP