1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I use YSM ? Do you use yahoo as search engine?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by GIF, Nov 23, 2009.

Hi, I am planning to use YSM. Do you that huge number of people use Yahoo Search Engine. I am from India, so do you think that people in India use Yahoo as search engine. In my opinion more than 80 Percent people use Google.

What do you think?
    Am I wrong?

GIF, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  2. globalim

globalim Peon

Best Answers:
    most web traffic uses google. yahoo however still does have a good amount of traffic and should not be taken for granted

globalim, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  3. WebcamsOn-Net

WebcamsOn-Net Peon

Best Answers:
    In my oppinion Yahoo is verry good for small websites. I plan to invest in Yahoo adds because i preffer to catch the small fishes and after that i will go for the big ones(clients from Google :D ) .
    I`m a little confused right now...with a low budget , is better to invest in Yahoo or Google Ads ? Is my theory good ?

WebcamsOn-Net, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  4. Jstetson

Jstetson Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had success with Yahoo advertising. I'd stick with G.

Jstetson, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  5. Jainam shah

Jainam shah Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll say only one thing if yahoo is good than google is better than yahoo..

Jainam shah, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  6. jackportersmith

jackportersmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually find that the quality of visitors from Yahoo is equivalent of greater than from Google, there are just less visitors than on Google. Important difference there - just because Google has more search users is does not mean the individual clients / customers will pay more than those on Yahoo, there is just more of them.

Jack

jackportersmith, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  7. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting conversation. Would love tohear from someone who has good success with Yahoo or Google or both.

smile633, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. slivengood

slivengood Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no doubt that you have to go with Google if you want to reach search engine users. Yahoo can provide decent results, but expect to see a fraction of the traffic you see in Google. I've had some clients in the past who got a much better cost per conversion by using Yahoo, and spent a lot less money total with their campaigns. It all depends on what niche you're targeting, though.

The one thing I don't like about Yahoo is that they arbitrarily raise and lower their minimum CPC bids, and then let the auction system set the market price for each keyword. Google uses quality-based scores to set the minimum CPC bid, so if you have a high quality, targeted website you'll probably get lower CPC bids on Google. This varies by niche, though.

slivengood, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  9. BlackApache

BlackApache Member

Best Answers:
    We will soon start to add more UK search engine to AgentWebRanking software, below is the list of the current we use. If you have any suggestions please post the url of the engines you want us to add.

- UK: Altavista, Aol, Excite, Google, OvertureGoto, Hotbot, Looksmart, Lycos , Msn, Yahoo.

- Ireland: Altavista, Yahoo

BlackApache, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  10. angganingp

angganingp Peon

Best Answers:
    I have got little traffic from yahoo

angganingp, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  11. Bonus4You.info

Bonus4You.info Peon

Best Answers:
    In the US, Google has 70% market share while Yahoo has less than 20%. But in India, you may find some data by yourself or just give Yahoo search marketing a try by using free credit.

Bonus4You.info, Dec 21, 2009 IP