1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I use Wordpress or Joomla in 2017?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Mr.Dog, Jun 20, 2017.

1. bcdxer

bcdxer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think wordpress is simple to learn

bcdxer, Jul 23, 2018 IP
  2. fake_lover01

fake_lover01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is easy and has a big community.

fake_lover01, Jul 23, 2018 IP
  3. Cameron Fillers

Cameron Fillers Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what you are trying to do. Wordpress is great for simple blog sites, or for a one trick pony situation. Wordpress plugins suffer from a variety of issues, and the community is generally do first and check later. As opposed to using Joomla, I would recommend Drupal as an alternative. As someone who has worked with Wordpress/Drupal/Joomla/Magento, I never recommend any of my clients use Joomla if they can help it, and suggest that if they need a more complicated website than what Wordpress offers, than to use Drupal. Drupal is easier to develop for, and its hook system makes talking to other modules a lot simpler.

As one last recommendation, Wordpress is great if you are able to deploy the entire site out of the box without needing to rely on custom code. Based on the fact that you said that your site is currently built by hand, you may find that you are limited by what Wordpress has to offer, so I thoroughly suggest looking into Drupal 7 or 8 as an alternative if you require a more complex site.

Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to more thoroughly explain what your current site does and utilizes, and I can give you a suggestion based on more detail.

Cameron Fillers, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  4. Tomas-R

Tomas-R Active Member

Best Answers:
    joomla have many issues with security, many sites on Joomla were hacked and will be a hack
    Too many.
    Recommend to use Wordpress

Tomas-R, Aug 11, 2018 IP
  5. monicaashuu

monicaashuu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the articles in this forum are very useful for me at this time, because the articles in this article are very good for me

monicaashuu, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  6. ozhef

ozhef Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress has the widest range of themes and plugins. Thousands more than any other platform so if you are a beginner or even a developer looking for a quick and easy solution - WordPress is the way to go.

ozhef, Sep 6, 2018 IP
  7. joseph350

joseph350 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Simply speaking, if you want more security for your site, then Joomla is the best. Otherwise, you can use WordPress.

joseph350, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  8. zimadev

zimadev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just in case it's not clear. USE WORDPRESS.

zimadev, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  9. LisaJ_89

LisaJ_89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress

LisaJ_89, Jan 22, 2019 IP
  10. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are confident in moving the content over and have the time then definitely look at using Wordpress as your Content Management System (CMS). Wordpress has a ton of Plugins, and once you have a nice theme in place to place your content from the static website then it should be easier to manage and make updates to that site. There are many WordPress Hosting plans available on the internet, and with the 1-Click Installer that many hosting companies offer, it is fast to install and setup Wordpress on a Shared Web Hosting plan. Of course, if you anticipate that your website has lot's of traffic or may be very resource hungry, then you could look at a Virtual Private Server (VPS), Semi-Dedicated Server or if you are going really big then consider a Dedicated Server.

Did you have a theme in mind, or are you planning on creating everything from scratch?

ms2134, May 20, 2019 IP