1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I use E-commerce for a traditional product

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by etmoto, Mar 15, 2020.

Hi all,

I am contemplating on bringing my family business which does condiments in traditional face to face market into e-commerce platform (shopify and etc) but wondering if it will appeal to the crowd and also whether I need to change my branding and logo and etc.

Hope to hear some advice and feedback here.

etmoto, Mar 15, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The obvious answer would be: Unless you try it you will never know.

When I read your post my first thought was: Why are you still not online? After all it's 2020. I don't know when your family started your business, but you should have been online 10 years ago.

So, yes, bring your business online. If your branding and logo are well received and recognized locally, then you may want to keep it the way it is, at least, for the time being. Come up with a detailed business plan for your online presence and give it a shot.

P.S. Since we are dealing with the worldwide coronavirus scare you may want to wait until it has been done away with. Which may give you 2-3 months to come up with a business plan and set up a beautiful shopify site.

qwikad.com, Mar 17, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd stick with your branding assuming it's already of a reasonable standard.

Your success online will initially be driven by existing brand awareness. You have an advantage - but is it a huge advantage?
    - will existing customers be telling friends and family that they can buy your products online - or send them as gifts?

Start working on the site now, if you can get delivery sorted do so - you may find that customers are looking for delivery because they're unable to shop.

sarahk, Mar 17, 2020 IP
  4. etmoto

etmoto Member

Best Answers:
    The online market seems to be catered to individuals who are generally younger and also who are savvy on ecommerce or internet.

The face to face market selling through brick and mortar can appeal to those who prefer the touch and tasting of condiments and maybe the older crowd as the intend is to have a stall in the wet market.

etmoto, Mar 17, 2020 IP
  5. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think going digital isn't a bad idea. You can try and see what results does it come up with. Who knows this might come up with some really good results?

LadyStarc, Mar 18, 2020 IP
  6. Roman at Artedok

Roman at Artedok Peon

Best Answers:
    These days more and more people are going online to buy anything. So it is worth to try, though create your own ecommerce website.
    I have a friend, who actually created a E-shop, which you can get set up and running in 24 hours, with no ads and no limits and no extra fees. If you are interested, get more information at : shop.artedok.co.uk or message me, I will be happy to help you with any enqueries.

Roman at Artedok, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  7. FrancisCooke

FrancisCooke Peon

Best Answers:
    If your product is selling well offline, why wouldn`t it sell great online? E-commerce is a natural step in the business development. Actually, it may even add some additional "flavour" to your business if it is a family one. So, go for it!

FrancisCooke, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  8. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    YOu should try for sure, even if it will not bring any value it will not cost you a lot, but if it will - you will expand your business, get more clients, it will be easier to operate whole marketing side

NicoleW, Jul 15, 2021 IP
  9. Cynthia Moreno

Cynthia Moreno Peon

Best Answers:
    You can and should use eCommerce for any product. Everything from small handmade craft articles to core infrastructure products like steel, cement, and building material, can be sold online. Your brand is already well-established in the face-to-face market, and your online presence will only boost your brand awareness. And the count of your customers will only grow. You might start expanding your business a little to other geographies as well.

Look for eCommerce solutions that give you a hyperlocal commerce set-up since you have a strong local base. Choose an eCommerce solution that is smooth and seamless to use and is extremely user-friendly. In addition to that, go for an eCommerce software that also allows you to scale up and gives you flexibility.

So, yes you should set up your business on the internet. A website with mobile compatibility is a must these days since most online shopping happens through mobile phones. Mobile apps are a good option but a mobile-compatible website works just as well and doesn’t require the kind of development that an app does. Not to mention the fact that people are now shifting to online shopping since they can’t go out as much. You must definitely work on your website because there is no better time than now to reap the benefits of being online.

Cynthia Moreno, Jul 19, 2021 IP
  10. Kim Hoseok

Kim Hoseok Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a pretty old post, I hope you did go online with your family business products. :)

Kim Hoseok, Jul 22, 2021 IP
  11. Aurilar

Aurilar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try it? It may be a good solution to increase your sales and profits.

Aurilar, Sep 28, 2021 IP