1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I title every page on my website and use Meta tags/desc?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bad_bob00, Apr 20, 2007.

Hi there,

On my website I have used the title tag for my index page but haven't bothered with the other pages on my website, do you think I should?
    Also I use Meta tags on my index page but not any other pages - should I use different keywords on each of my websites pages?

Thanks for any help.
    Matt

bad_bob00, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  2. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes & Yes, remember to differentiate your meta tags for each page, and also change the title tag to match the purpose of the page.

Ash

bacanze, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  3. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    title and description will help a lot, and should be different for each page.
    Place them as near to the top of the html code as possible and keep them relevant to the page content.

the rest of the meta tags are not always used by most search engines.

vagrant, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  4. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, absolutely...
    Separate and unique title and description and keyword tags on each and every page you wish to have indexed in the search engines. Make sure that the tags relate to the content on the page and also contain the relevant keywords and phrases you wish to be ranked for.

livingearth, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  5. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I use full meta tags for each page. I know most say title is fine and maybe descripton. Make sure each page is unique.

rcj662, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  6. NoamBarz

NoamBarz Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Title tag is known as one of the most important tags there are. Keep unique title tags for each page, keep the text relevant to the page content, use your keywords in the title tag and Google will reward you (plus other search engines). The description tag is sometimes used by search engines. I think you have nothing to lose by using it. I always do. Good luck.

NoamBarz, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  7. coolguy27

coolguy27 Banned

Best Answers:
    Definitely you should....so that whenever the SE crawls on the web it will help to describe what is the title, descriptions and keywords of your site.. It help to easily crawls a site... Even it's a little bit exhausting you should have it done. You must put different title, descriptions and keywords for each page to have uniqueness of every page.....:) :D

coolguy27, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  8. ohadgliksman

ohadgliksman Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to add another point here:
    setting title and meta tags on pages is nearly worthless if they do not reflect text that appears in the body of the html file

ohadgliksman, Apr 21, 2007 IP
  9. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    Use unique titles and meta tags on every page in your site to differentiate every page from other. Create your meta description to overview the content of your page.

Janna122003, Apr 21, 2007 IP