1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I submit my site to directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by kf9211, Oct 11, 2007.

1. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    It certainly will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months, and I hope in all honesty that they do away with PR but doubt they ever will. One thing is for sure though, people have definately done one of two things,

a. wised up to the PR chasers and realized that buying and selling PR is being addressed by Google. or

b. moved the link farms and abusers to another area of the internet where they will continue to ply their trade to the unsuspecting until the bleed every penny out of them and destroy the minor league directory industry, because after all at the moment that's all this really is. Not one directory discussed like Avivadirectory, Alivedirectory, bignewsfeedlinksdirectory, or the like could ever be called significant as they simply don't have enough content in them of value to merit the leap up the tables.

The Pheonix, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  2. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    They are still beavering away at it. Make no mistake. They are plugged into a revenue stream and are going to milk it for as long as they can get away with it. They have just changed the formula a bit and what's daft is that there are genuine directory owners who are aiding and abetting them because they believe its too dangerous to rock the boat :rolleyes: .

It takes all kinds.

workshop, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  3. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm certainly not going to be frightened off by these people, I'll just happily plod along watching the rest fall by the wayside as they always do and in ten years time will refer back to this post and reflect on how others could have done the same.

The only reason I keep on about these link farms is to try and prevent any more victims and even if I get to one, that's one less for these vultures to prey on.

Disclaimer: This is not aimed at any specific directory or directory owners, if you feel the cap fits then wear it!

The Pheonix, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  4. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the laugh

**throws head back and cackles with insane glee**

Barefootsies, Oct 21, 2007 IP