1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

should I stop to link to one penalized site

Discussion in 'Google' started by wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007.

hi,

I have some sites of myself, one of site seem be penalized (old site,trusted,pr5), should I stop my other site like this site?

(the site be penalized, "site:" can show normal, but can not listed in search results. some people clone full this site content)

welcome any ideas, Thanks.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  2. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your question is whether you should link from sites that are still ranking decently to a penalized site? First up - that site's not trusted, or it wouldn't have a penalty.
    Second: depends on why it's got the penalty in the first place.

The way to go would be to first clean up that site, then do a google reinclusion request and then link to the site with other sites of yours on reasonably related pages.

kh7, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you must stop linking to that site the sites that you are linking from may loose their serp too

trichnosis, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  4. thetafferboy83

thetafferboy83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to trichnosis. Unless you've done something dodgy or blackhat, then you don't have to worry about linking to that site. There's a whole bunch of reasons you could have lost placement. Keep on promoting as normal and give it a few weeks and let the dust settle. Don't panic and start doing rash things. Removing links is certainly not going to help things!

thetafferboy83, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  5. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    some one tell this site just because of DUPLICITY!!!, it is not penalized because of duplicity, those pages are filtered out of serps. should I stop link to this site? Thanks for any replies.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  6. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    I say this site is trusted, just beacuase this site is very old, pr is good always, dmoz listed for long time, the rank of keywords is good before, just these serval months I update a little of content, after this google dance, pages are filtered out of serps.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  7. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    'Someone' is right - duplicate content isn't penalised, it's just filtered out of the SERPs. Listen to thetafferboy83 (but don't listen to trickyboynosis) - a loss in rankings isn't necessarily caused by a penalty, there could be lots of reasons.

hooperman, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  8. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If a site is banned in Google you should not link to it.

login, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  9. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    what mean "site is banned in Google", please tell me how to know this, Thanks.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  10. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do see results for your site when you query site:www.yoursite.com than your site is not banned on Google. You could check that by using seo tools such as Google banned checker to check if your site is banned or not (even tho, the fact that you get results on query site:www.yoursite.com tells that your site is not banned).

Anyway, seems like your problems is SERPs, you should work on and see how to SEO improve your site better to rank on the SERPs.

Trapped, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  11. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    I can use "site:" command to find all pages of this site, just can not be finded in search results. someone clone all my site content (content is created by myself) one year ago, now google select these clone sites, how to slove it, Thanks.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  12. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build some backlinks to your pages, to your main site, mainly from other sites with similar content but higher PR. This should solve your problem till a certain point.

Trapped, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  13. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply, so do I not need to stop to link this site form my other sites? Thanks again.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  14. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how can the site be banned and he found pages with the site: command?

oseymour, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  15. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    so do I not need to stop to link this site form my other sites? Thanks for all replies.

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  16. eibmoz

eibmoz Peon

Best Answers:
    im guessing your site is in the supplemental index. linking to it should be a way to get out but not sure as the clone sites are valued higher in google.

eibmoz, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  17. wmstlxl

wmstlxl Peon

Best Answers:
    where to report these clone sites? someone copy all the content, then use it with serval domains, where to report these clone sites? Thanks

wmstlxl, Jul 3, 2007 IP