1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I still try and pursue an expired domain in the landscaping niche?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Belenthrow, Mar 5, 2020.

Okay so I am now focused on what I was good with from the beginning: Landscaping and average gardening. When i searched up the expired domains in the landscaping niche I also discovered it was expensive and extremely competitive. Should i just start from scratch with a clean domain instead?

This would save all of the headache in the near future.

Belenthrow, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Probably relevant keywords in those domain names is what driving the prices up. Having relevant keywords is a plus, but it's not always what will get your site traffic. Also, you may accidentally get a domain name that was penalized by Google in the past (or has some unsavory history, you never know. E.g. the site was banned from AdSense). Trying to get out of that can be a lengthy process.

I'd start from scratch. Make sure you get a domain name with a .com extension. I'd still search for something that has at least one keyword pertained to landscaping / gardening and something easy to remember too. Have you tried this site to search for a domain name https://instantdomainsearch.com/ ?

qwikad.com, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  3. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    actually i used https://www.expireddomains.net/ for my search. Also...I should have been a little more clear. I am an average "landscaper" meaning i do both lawncare extensively and to a good lesser extent gardening as I am planning on giving content from personal experience to drive traffic towards my pod store.

But yeah. I'd figure ill have to start from scratch sooner or later though having an expired domain WAS a good idea but I'm writing content for people and NOT the serps. Google is nice an all but people want extremely good content that they can use.

Belenthrow, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For sure, you should take the advice of @qwikad.com and start your own domain. Why would you pay a premium for keywords, etc., when you are correctly not that interested in search results?

You are also on the right track to recognize that your business needs a website, right now, for you to drive traffic to for closing the deal. You should use local advertising options to drive the traffic, of course.

jrbiz, Mar 7, 2020 IP
  5. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start from scratch and build up your own identity. The more content and videos you produce the better you will become at your craft, and the more you will help people.

This will only result in more traffic and leads for your website. Whatever monetization option you have in place be sure to promote it to your leads for sales.

People will see your website in this niche and immediately think of your name. Choose your domain name wisely.

Randall Magwood, Mar 25, 2020 IP