1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Start Blog in Joomla or Drupal

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by shehzi, Feb 4, 2009.

I have already some blogs in wordpress. For learning point of view I want to start my upcoming blogs in joomla or drupal.

Should I use these CMS for blogging ?

Is there a big difference in wordpress blogs and joomla/drupal ?

I have seen wordpress blogs are indexing very fast and don't know about joomla and drupal. Although joomla and drupal are biggers CMS as compared to wordpress.

Need your suggestions.

Regards
    Shehzi

shehzi, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress has better SEO features built in then joomla. And wordpress is more secure then Joomla. I do not know about Drupal, because its been a couple of years since I have been active in that community.

Wordpress has a smaller foot print on the server then either drupal or wordpress. And especially joomla. Think of joomla as a school bus, and wordpress is a sports car.

One of the BIG drawbacks to joomla, some of the add-ons have been documented as having known security holes. And the joomla community still has these add-ons where the public can download them.

If you are looking for a blogging platform, go with wordpress.

Or, if recovering your site after being hacked is one of your favorite things to do, go with joomla.

~kev~, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  3. flippy07

flippy07 Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress is easier to setup and maintain.

flippy07, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  4. mgunin

mgunin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with Kev's comments on Joomla, nothing to add here. Speaking of Drupal, it seems way too heavy for a blogging platform. Not trivial to configure, heavy load on server resources and so on.

If you want to learn it, read any book on Drupal and decide what kind of non-blog project you'd be willing to develop - maybe this idea will work for you since there might be some other website ideas coming to your mind. As an open source website platform, it is surely one of the best and worth learning.

mgunin, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  5. panizon

panizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla and Drupal are not really for blogging. They are both complete content management systems. I would stick with Wordpress for blogging, unless you are looking for more advanced functionality.

panizon, Feb 13, 2009 IP