1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I sell my website? Details inside...

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by bigtime, Mar 8, 2006.

1. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just for my 2 cents worth, I wouldn't like to sell a website for any price unless I knew exactly how to spin the ammount I sold the site for in to something far more with other projects.

If I had plans to spin the $45k in to something that could generate me a couple of hundred thousand dollars a bit down the line I would certainly sell.. but not if it's just for the cash.

I certainly envy the position you're in, good work and be careful!

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  2. bigtime

bigtime Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The day he offered me the $45k I told him I would get back to him when I get back into town next week. At this point I have no idea as to what his terms are. I only know he wants the domain name, content and discussion forum.

I hate the thought of selling, but $$$ talks!!

All of your input is very helpful and I appreciate it! When I open the dialogue with the guy, I'll be sure to post it here for further input!

Thanks,

Tim

bigtime, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  3. lorddomain

lorddomain Banned

Best Answers:
    Im pretty sure that they will come back and give you a much better offer. Just cant tell the price buy looking at stats... Many other things...

lorddomain, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  4. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be a pity if they only want it for the domain name, and are planning on changing everything, especially since the site seems to be tied in pretty tightly with your martial arts school.

exam, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  5. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it would make my heart jump a beat or two. I hope the buyer is serious at 45k. If you are willing to hold on to and make adjustments it could sell for more.

$3.25 in adsense a day and not much advertising. Hmm... Stats look outstanding.

But the name itself is a commonly used name.

I would think the 45k offer is fine. Maybe as high as $100k

lpstong, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  6. bigtime

bigtime Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote the guy back and told him I would not accept $45k, but I would accept $75k. Haven't got a response yet.

Since the initial offer I increased my visits by 42%.

In March I had 274,370 visitors, which is up from 115,989 visits in January!

Tim

bigtime, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  7. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should take that 45k. I sold a forum that was much larger and making 1500 a month for much less than that. Forums are the most difficult kinds of sites to run for a given return. Especially big forums.

DirtyDog, Apr 4, 2006 IP