1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I put unique articles on my site before the article sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bad_bob00, Apr 11, 2007.

Hi there,

I'm writing some articles which are related to one of my websites and I'm just wondering, would it be more beneficial if I was to submit these to the free directory sites, or if I was to just use the articles on my own website? :confused:

Or can I do both? Would the search engines frown upon me doing both?

Thanks for any help.
    Matt

bad_bob00, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  2. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest posting on your own site first, then pinging Google and Yahoo that your site has been updated(need sitemaps for this) that way you get credit for having the original content.

Then distribute a slighted reworded version to other sites to prevent duplicate content filters hurting those sites.(no guarantees there)

Good luck!

Searchnology.com, Apr 11, 2007 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  3. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I do the above but don't change my content for the article sites I submit to, would they be damaged? Or would my site get damaged though I uploaded it first?

Thanks for the reply, rep added :)
    Matt

4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would change the articles before submitting then to any other site. It could be viewed as duplicate content.

rcj662, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  5. finspin

finspin Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on the authority of your site. If it's a well established and trusted site then you don't have to worry article on our site will be devalued in some way. In any case I would recommend publishing the article on your site first, wait a few days till it's indexed and only then submit to article directories.

On a side note, I don't think that submitting to the article directories is very useful. Articles from there are usually picked by spam sites.

finspin, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  6. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh right okay, thanks for the help.

Which article sites are recommended? I've seen a lot of dodgy-looking ones which I'd rather avoid, I think I will from now on...

Thanks

7. Ian C

Ian C Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, put it on your site first and make sure it gets indexed by the SEs before you distribute it, otherwise the other sites will be seen as having the original credit and your page will not get the benefit.

Best wishes...

Ian C

Ian C, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  8. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to post completely unique articles on your website (hence fresh content for the spiders).

You should also post other unique articles that you will not post on your site (to avoid getting flagged as dup content) to article directories to gain traffic and backlinks.

This way you gain both benefits of fresh content, and traffic + backlinks.

As for the main article directories check out this site: http://www.unlimitedtraffic.net/articledirectories.html but I would concentrate on the main PR6 and up.

BigBadWolf, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  9. TheGrin

TheGrin Peon

Best Answers:
    i still think the best thing to do is use unique articles for your website and use other articles for submission

TheGrin, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  10. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    yes unique for both, do not use the same article... will not benefit you.

WunschShrek, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  11. darinlh

darinlh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like to hand write great keyword (LSI) articles and put on my site and blast out the just ok articles to any directory that I can find that wants em

darinlh, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  12. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    Post it on your site first. If you past it on article directory you may get supplemental results. But I don't think that we can avoid to get supplemental results specially if your site has an informative and interesting post. You can't avoid people to link to your article or post your article on their site.

Janna122003, Apr 12, 2007 IP