1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I put keywords I want in all my alt image tags?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by jyoti2005, Jun 25, 2005.

Hi!

I used a software that calculates keywords from a website and I got the 2 most prominent "color" and "photo"

From this, I am assuming the software is picking the most frequently used words, and what is happening is it is picking "color" from when I have specified the colors of a table, cell and page background.

I would prefer that my keywords relate to my site and what it is for, such as "digital photo manipulation/enhancement", and "administrative support for the small business owner"

I think that would make much more sense.

So how do I go about doing this? Should I put those phrases into all my alt image tags?

Thanks!

jyoti2005, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  2. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    yes put your keywords into alt tags. one keyword per tag. And dont over stuff the tags.

jrd1mra, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  3. jyoti2005

jyoti2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I put sentences in versus a single word? I think that would make more sense to the viewer

Like: "digital photo manipulation/enhancement", and "administrative support for the small business owner"

jyoti2005, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Im not positive but I think one word would be best. All I know for a fact is that placing keywords into the alt tags will help.

ForgottenCreature, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  5. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Turn off images in your browser and see what the tags look like to a bot. ;)

noppid, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  6. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    There are more things then search engines out there. Stuffing your alt attributes is horrible for accessibility. Imagine what a site with stuffed alt attributes would look like to a screen reader? If you were blind or otherwise and tried to view a site like that you'd bail out very quickly. Plus alt attributes are very devalued in the search engine algorithms thabnks to stuffing that it's not worth the effort anyways.

stymiee, Jun 26, 2005 IP