1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I make an app?

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by Anim9or, Sep 26, 2010.

Hi,
    In case you don't know me from my questions in other boards, I run a website called Fauxsaics, which is designed to create and share photo mosaics out of user pictures. I am currently struggling to earn money from the website and to raise viewers(I currently get about 20 people a day, and make $.03). To me, this seems like the type of thing that can be capitalized by a Facebook app, since I already have registered with Facebook so users could import their pictures and this will make sharing and viral abilities much stronger. However, an app is a lot of work and I'm already short on time. It will probably take at leasty a month for me just to properly integrate the website into an an app and it will probably still be full of glitches. So I was wondering if people think it's worth it. Is it too much of challenge to integrate the two and publicize it, or is this the boost something like my website needs?

I appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance :eek:

Anim9or, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  2. deemainer

deemainer Active Member

Best Answers:
    its always a risk to put the work in.It depends if you believe people will use it. If so...facebook can rocket it very quickly. If its an app that appeals the you can easily get hundreds of thousands of users very quickly. The viral nature of facebook can be awesome.

deemainer, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  3. secureED

secureED Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Facebook is a good viral tool. If the app is interesting to majority of Facebook fans, you receive more likes and attract more potential clients.

secureED, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  4. jbtooloo

jbtooloo Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of resources out there you could use to mash something up, without actually having to put too much work in?! just a thought :)

jbtooloo, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  5. freaky316

freaky316 Member

Best Answers:
    yup you can develop one app and you can use through FB, thats a good idea!!

freaky316, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  6. rhino2020

rhino2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    good idea!

rhino2020, Nov 12, 2010 IP