1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I hide this page from Google?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by General Grant, Dec 24, 2004.

I've recently setup a services offering free websites. The majority of signups are just kids playing, so they never even edit their site. I try to delete these accounts if they haven't been logged into in a week.

I set the default index file to what I want, so Most sites are all the same, at least until they are edited. I have a search feature here that would allow Google to spider these pages. Now, should I keep Google away from this page, as it would view it as duplicate material, or should I let them in?

Gimme your 2 cents worth....

General Grant, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    IMO, there are two ways to go:

1) Mildly unique default content. (slightly different text, vary outbound links and link order).
    2) prevent spidering.

It's not going to hurt you if the sites get indexed, then pulled for duplicate text, but it's also not going to help much. At least if you prevent the spidering, you save the bandwidth.

nevetS, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would be best just to block it, maybe leave ONE page available, but I think bots will view it as duplicate content..

I mean I dont think you would be loosing anything from doing that, how many people do you think get to your site by searching for keywords on that page? Probably none, or close to it :)

Josh

Josh, Dec 26, 2004 IP