1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I go for Irrelevant keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by dscurlock, Aug 20, 2016.

The niche I have chosen is very competitive...
    I can count the keywords on just one hand...

There are tons of irrelevant low comp keywords...
    ABC Manuals, ABC Apps, etc...

however, I do not have apps or manuals on my site, so if
    i were to target these keywords, then I feel they would not
    be buyer intent; they are simply looking up a manual, app, etc...

In other words, I would feel that it would be misleading, because if
    they are looking for app or manual stuff, then land on unrelated
    pages, thus causing the site to have a high bounce rate....

What do you guys think...

dscurlock, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  2. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not do this. Google looks for value add to the end user, if you are advertising stuff you don't actually have then it results in a negative user experience which Google will pick up on though backclicks. This will damage your rankings. I know it's hard but persevere on those few tough keywords. You may pick up some related longtail rankings as a positive side effect.

Paul Jones, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  3. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    hello

in seo u should took low demand and low competitive or high demand and low competitive keyword. Use Long tail keyword with LSI versions.
    and keywords must have average monthly value below 5000 and difficulty below 50.

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  4. NaveenKumarRuprr

NaveenKumarRuprr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, This misleading to the visitor or it increase the bounce rate of your site and most important google paralyzed your site. The right option is to target the long tail keyword and LSI version of keyword which help to rank easily. keyword research first basic step to in seo marketing so be careful to choose the keyword to your site.
    For more further details you can visit at ruprr.com

NaveenKumarRuprr, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  5. Miroslav Chodak

Miroslav Chodak Active Member

Best Answers:
    An "irrelevant" keyword is one that brings the wrong type of audience. In other words, you get the traffic, but they don't take the action you want them to take.

If your niche is very competitive and you have no marketing/seo budget, the only way to break in is by targeting long-tail keywords and building your way up from there. Your top priority should be selecting keywords that are the closest in user intent to the action you want your visitors to take on your site.

Your second priority should be targeting keywords that follow the customer journey from the very beginning (even before they know they have a problem). This might include keywords that are informational in nature. Targeting those has an added benefit of you positioning yourself as an authority in the marketplace.

So, even if you have no apps or manuals on your site, there is nothing wrong (or misleading) about creating a post that lists the 5 Best ABC Manuals or Apps, if it helps your target audience.

Miroslav Chodak, Sep 29, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Do what makes sense for your audience. Like mentioned above, if you're in a competitive niche, you can target long-tail keywords that bring in less traffic but are easier to rank. If you target a lot of these it adds up and will make up the bulk of your traffic, hence why you should always be adding quality content to your site.

dcristo, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  7. sadeshlok

sadeshlok Member

Best Answers:
    Always try to do SEO for relevant keywords of you business and choose the top keywords because it is the best way where you can get more number customers.

sadeshlok, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  8. Triump Kumar

Triump Kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    people usually go for relevant keywords

Triump Kumar, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  9. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never go for irrelevant keywords, it won't bring traffic to your site, always aim for relevant keywords.

heredia21, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  10. TheBloggerme

TheBloggerme Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not do this as google wants to add value to its users and google tracks the things you do to get traffic.
    If you want to have a good search engine ranking always try to use keywords that are relevant to your topic.
    If you use relevant keywords it would ultimately help your website grow and will help you get a quality audience for your content.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    TheBloggerme, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  11. nandu

nandu Peon

Best Answers:
    People generelly go for irrelevent keywords,it causes stoping the traffic to our website,search engine storage box scans the irrelevent key words,whenever users comes to our website they dont find the appropriate content,they dont spend much time in the website,our ranking will go down,the next time search engine will not show our website to users

nandu, Feb 5, 2020 IP
  12. Mehedi Hasan Rubel

Mehedi Hasan Rubel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I think you should not take irrelevant keyword for your site.It will never help you for traffic.

Mehedi Hasan Rubel, Feb 6, 2020 IP
  13. Solayman Rumon

Solayman Rumon Member

Best Answers:
    If I answer after reading your question(title), the answer would be "NO". But reading your thread description, I think its not a easy question to answer. I think you can target this keywords in branding concept.

Solayman Rumon, Feb 10, 2020 IP
  14. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Going for irrelevant keywords is not going to do you any good as they will be a waste of time. Catching up to your competitors means that you use the high-ranking keywords and metrics as them regardless of the situation.

Sam Sabir, May 20, 2020 IP