1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Expect The Cops At My Door?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by calbano_18, Apr 2, 2008.

I recently signed up for an affiliate program that sells vaporizers, glass tobacco pipes, rolling papers, etc. I've been doing my research and read a lot, but still not sure if its legal for a US resident to be affiliated (and promote) with such a company.

Your 2 cents?

calbano_18, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  2. americanroyalty

americanroyalty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know a few people that sell similar products... It really depends on your jurisdiction and where you are shipping the product too. Some places require you to have a tabacco licnese to sell produts.

Some pleaces various herbal smokes are legal others they are not. I know at least one seller who operates in the us but everything is shipped from canada. (like salvia can't be shipped to certain states).

I'd make sure you put a discaimer on your page, especially since you want to sell glass pipes. make sure you clearing only market to "tobacco" use. I know some of the physical shops I'm in have very strict rules about calling certain items "water pipes" or "hookas" and not by the more common names. And they only refer to glass pipes as "art" or "piece" (of art).

It really depends on where you are and who you are marketing to. But I'm not a lawyer, I just smoke a lot. haha. I'd definitly consult a lawyer who is familiar with both your local laws and ecommerce. Plus you have to ensure that only people of legal age are purchasing the products... need a warning on every page "We Don't Sell to Minors".

americanroyalty, Apr 5, 2008 IP