1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I display the same menus..

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by juanfigs, Nov 21, 2007.

Hi,

I was wondering if I should display the same menus that I have on the main page on all the pages that I have on my site or only shows all the menus on the main page and then only related menus on the other pages? Is this affect the SEO or it doesnt have any impact on the PR?

Thanks for your help.

juanfigs, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Internal linking wise your best bet is to keep the main menu on every page, you could pool off extra menus on other pages to increase your crawlability.

astup1didiot, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  3. corlock

corlock Banned

Best Answers:
    its not bad because its your menus. menus on every page is convenient for visitors to not click previous buttons over and over.

corlock, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    It's going to depend on the design, I'm afraid. There's one site I'm working on that will have different secondary menus depending on where in the site you're at (resources, references, tutorials and so on) because the content in those sections are expected to grow as time goes on (and I can get them written down). Then there's going to be the book that I'll be basing everything off of anyway.

On another site I'm working on all the pages will share the same menu (and it's not a 5-6 page brochureware site either).

At the end of the day, put your users first, then worry about the search engines.

Dan Schulz, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  5. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    easy site navigation... very important.. most site use that format..

bogs, Nov 23, 2007 IP