1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I design something like this?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by KingNomar, Sep 14, 2013.

I need more backlinks to some of my sites. And I thought creating free wordpress themes like these is a great way to do it.

Ok, 10 free themes might take time, but if they are good and people really use them, my SEO would skyrocket right?

Should I do something like this? Or is this already old school and are other ways more effective?

KingNomar, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    While I consider off the shelf themes for turdpress to be little more than scam artist bull, most people are too stupid to know any better making that "content of value".

... and content of value is the key to getting good natural backlinks and traffic. My question would be what are the sites in question actually about, and what do you have for unique content of value on those pages? Are there accessibility issues that could make people bounce and/or fail to want to link to your site?

Take the domain in your siggy, with the trifecta of /FAIL/ at accessible design -- fixed width layout, absurdly undersized fixed metric (px) fonts, and illegible color contrasts. Mate that to a 17k of markup and a total 564k in 31 files to deliver 1.7k of plaintext and two content images -- I'd not be all that surprised at a lack of return links. I'd not be surprised if most of the traffic to that were bounces. (see the "what's wrong with your website" link in my siggy for a bunch of things that said site suffers)

If the sites you are asking about are similarly afflicted, creating more content might be a waste of time. While people will put up with all sorts of bull to get to content they want (see the train wreck of ineptitude known as Facebook) there is a point at which you will break the camel's back -- more so the smaller the site.

Smaller you are, the more you have to dot every t and cross every i... wait, that's not right...

deathshadow, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  3. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply, I agree the design in my siggy is no eye candy. A redesign is in the making for that one! Thanks for pointing down the other points, I can work with that

KingNomar, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  4. webmaster3388

webmaster3388 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can generate the traffic by using these themes but i suggest you to create one blog on the particular theme and optimize it and maintain through different - different posts.

webmaster3388, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  5. Cone Man

Cone Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, this may just be one of those "You don't know til you try it" situations. Only thing I can advise is mixing up the anchor text you stick in your themes, because Google might see a thousand footer links with exactly the same anchor text as just another bit of spam :)

Cone Man, Sep 22, 2013 IP