1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I create a blog to make money or a website to sell my writing services?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by MyWriterGirl, Jan 7, 2014.

Is creating a blog usually the first step writers take? Or should i create a website to sell my writing services? Just curious what worked for others, I understand every case is different.

Solved! View solution.
    MyWriterGirl, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Suckerpunch likes this.
  2. swhp

swhp Member

Best Answers:
    why not do both?
    you can monetize your blog and also sell your writing services, i think is best choice to gain big profit:)

swhp, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. MyWriterGirl

MyWriterGirl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Good idea...

I agree that you should do Both.

You can show off your Writing Skills on your Blog and talk about your services. Doing this will help you get a lot of organic traffic and that can result in a lot of clients for you.

If you have great writing skills then owning a Blog that offers a writing service can earn you a lot of money if you focus a lot more on the Traffic of the blog. Use your writing skills to build up the traffic to your website.

Hope this helps! :cool:

I wish you the best success everr!

Snoopy240, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    MyWriterGirl likes this.
  5. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you'd like to take a look at SalesCopySolutions.com, it's our new flagship site built on WordPress. We have pages for standard business content and a blog for regular blogging of relevant content that isn't core to the business. We felt this was the best way to present information while allowing for regular updates of fresh content which might be useful to those seeking our services.

It's very simple and straightforward to do.

Conran, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    MyWriterGirl likes this.
  6. MyWriterGirl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks Snoopy240, I like what you posted, and I appreciate all the advice- Conran too.

Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely both. The site can focus on you (about) and your clips, services, rates, testimonials and such. A blog is a great way for potential clients to get a feel for your writing and expertise, while giving you a chance to build your reputation and network. Also, make sure that you link your site and blog.

Annea, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  8. MyWriterGirl

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Okay, thanks Annea.

9. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No problem!! ...

...this is your time to learn as much as possible and dont forget to take massive action with it!! :cool:

...#youcanmakeithappen!! ;)

Snoopy240, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  10. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my humble but accurate opinion :) You MUST do both. Create a solid writing website and host your blog there. Not only will the blog generate organic search traffic by providing frequent content updates, it will show off examples of your work.

some great ideas for a writing site blog would be instructional topics on why hire a writer, what kind of ROi can quality writing bring, how tos etc.

I would also recommend writing at least 10 or 15 independent articles that you can publish on sites like ezine. Maybe even write two or three vairations of each and publish them separately. This will give you back links and possible syndication as well as build your visible repttation.

There are a lot of arguments for and against this, but it can never hurt to have 30 or 40 live published article samples to point to.

I've often said that what writers create for themselves for free is often the best indicator of their true talent.

Good luck

SCookAAM, Jan 12, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  11. delix

delix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree both will be best way.

At your place on the website I would write something about the work experience, several test texts and contacts to you, and a link to the blog where interested coustomers can read more samples of your texts. It would be good if blog would be about your interests and most articles about this, while website had a few texts from various fields.

delix, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  12. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If anything, a blogsite is a great way to avoid having to distribute multiple samples every time you apply for work. Put your samples, rates, and testimonials up for sure.

I think making regular posts on your sales site can do more harm than good though. Unless you're good at being politically correct all the time. :D

hopeless4, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  13. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    I think it would be wise to keep it business related, so I'm not sure how anyone would have the opportunity to be politically incorrect. It would be about the industry, recent work, experiences in the business etc... At least, that's what it should be about.

Then again, sometimes a little mild controversy can encourage sharing and discussion too. It would still be best to stay on topic to the business though.

Conran, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  14. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you advertised your writing services on classified ads websites like Craigslist? I don't know how effective this approach is and would like to know if it works.
    Also, if you have anything to suggest here - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...content-or-advertise-content-writing.2708622/, it would be great.
    Same goes for anyone reading this thread. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Content Maestro, Mar 8, 2014 IP