1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I combine 2 of my pages for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Thomas Scheetz, May 4, 2020.

I've got a question. I'm trying to rank a page for the keyword "sexy cowgirl boots". I have one page (https://wehearthandmadeboots.com/womens-cowgirl-boots/) and doesn't even register in the top 100 for this keyword or any other that I know of. I have another page (https://wehearthandmadeboots.com/rhinestone-cowgirl-boots/) that I was trying to rank for "Rhinestone Cowgirl Boots" and it ranks #13 for that and ranks #10 for the first keyword "sexy cowgirl boots". Rhinestone keyword has a larger monthly search volume.

Would it be wise to merge the pages? Maybe leave the Rhinestone page and add the content from the first to it? Or should I leave both alone? I'm not really sure what else to do to either page SEO wise.

Any ideas, comments, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Thomas Scheetz, May 4, 2020 IP
  2. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By combining multiple pages, the page as a whole will seem less targeted to each, and you're probably setting yourself up for a permanently lower rank. This isn't true if each page has links, and combining the pages means that you've created one much stronger page that can overcome being less targeted.

LewisH95, May 4, 2020 IP
  3. FrancisCooke

FrancisCooke Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is no need to combine them. Your page with lower traffic would cannibalize the page with the higher traffic. In terms of SEO it`s not a good way to increase traffic.

FrancisCooke, May 11, 2020 IP
  4. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How much content is in your post that doesn't rank in the top 100 for your keyword?

You can google your keyword and have a look at the top pages to see how many words are on their pages, and how many times your keyword appears in their content on average

if the average length of the articles in the top 10 is, 1200 words, then make your article 1300 or more.
    If they use your keyword 3-6 times in their posts on average then don't use it more, or less then 3-6 times.

And internal links pass "link juice" from one page to another, so link to your post that isn't in the top 100, from the post that is ranking for your keyword instead of merging them together.

IMDaniel, May 16, 2020 IP
  5. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That would not be a wise choice since you would lose the opportunity to rank higher by using a separate set of strategies for each page. You need to have two separate pages for both described materials.

Sam Sabir, May 21, 2020 IP
  6. chrisand2cats

chrisand2cats Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, do not combine the pages. You´re trying to take shortcuts to get something that you want and that never works in life as well as for websites ;) Patience and continuing to do what you are doing is the better road to take.

chrisand2cats, May 21, 2020 IP
  7. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    From my base-understanding, merging 2 pages is not a good idea, it seldom works.
    If I were you I would take my time with the high traffic page and slowly build it.
    Good things sometimes take time to manifest ;)
    Oh and best of luck!

Ayoub benali01, Jul 25, 2020 IP
  8. GertrudeAvelar

GertrudeAvelar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think no need to combine with any one.

GertrudeAvelar, Jul 27, 2020 IP