1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I change all anchor texts on my backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jennypretty, Aug 24, 2013.

Hello,
    I submitted about 100 articles to 5 article directories. On the author links, I used exact anchor text like "free online dating", "asian dating".
    Do you think that Google will penalize my sites for using such exact anchor texts?
    Should I change these anchor texts to my domain name?
    Thanks.

jennypretty, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  2. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nah, you will be ok...

The next time you build links, use different anchor text and different pages of your website.

You will be just fine. :)

Holla!

GuruCreation, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  3. Will Skinner

Will Skinner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google likes to see links being built naturally with anchor text that is keyword rich and relevant to the content that link is pointing to. So if you were using those exact match keywords like free online dating make sure you are pointing that link to a landing page that is relevant to free online dating and contains that exact keyword at least 2 times. If you are trying to rank one landing page for a few different main keywords use anchor text with those main keywords and also find 5-10 LSI keywords that are highly relevant to your main keywords and use those as anchor text as well pointing to the same lander. Mix up you anchor text enough to create a natural linking structure, but not so much that you lose the link juice for the main keyword(s) you are looking to rank for. Another suggestion is to use the actual URL of the landing page as your anchor text occasionally. If your main keyword is in your domain name you will still pass relevancy for the keyword you want to rank for.

The biggest way to get penalized by Google when it comes to creating back links is 1 creating to many links in a short period of time, this is considered spam in Google's eye's, and 2 using the same exact keyword over and over again as your anchor text.

Just make sure your back linking strategy is as natural as it can be and make sure to mix up your main keywords with LSI keywords when choosing anchor text to use.

Hope this helped

-- Will Skinner

Will Skinner, Aug 24, 2013 IP