1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I buy BANs?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by richkid, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pardon for bumping to this thread but what exactly is a BANS?

Chancey, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  2. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    BANS: Build A Niche Store, a site builder that helps you to set up eBay affiliate websites quickly and easily.

cylai, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  3. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard positive things about BANS -- but you need to be ready to put in the time promoting the site. Although that's true of any project, not specific to BANS. There are also other alternatives also if you want a BANS-like product but don't want to host or install...

purdue512, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  4. jtpratt

jtpratt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just happenned along this thread, and my blog has quite a few informative posts and series to answer all these (and more) questions.

For instance Watch Me Build a Niche Store is all about building your first BANS site and what me experiences have been.

Also - PHPBay is $50, but for $37 you can get BayRSS which is the Wordpress plugin I use to add eBay auctions to my Wordpress Blog.

There are also lots of other things you can do like use this free niche site mashup script to build little mini-sites.

jtpratt, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  5. anteck

anteck Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it still worth buying BANS or phpbay pro? I've been reading about massive drop-off's in click thrus and earnings with the transition from CJ to EPN. Should this deter me? is there something amiss with EPN?

Cheers,

A.

anteck, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  6. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out the link in my sig. If you have questions, pm me.

Brent S, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  7. donlin

donlin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Bans, and consider it good software, but be forewarned theres a learning curve to it.

donlin, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  8. Hapexamendios

Hapexamendios Peon

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth I use phpBay Pro and I'm really happy with it. It's very versatile and the developer really goes out of his way to support it. I'm constantly amazed how quickly he responds to questions. Well worth the $49 for the exceptional support alone if you ask me.

Hapexamendios, Jul 3, 2008 IP
    GTech likes this.
  9. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not just go ahead and purchase the software since there's money back guarantee.

cylai, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  10. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend investing in any of these tools, BANS, phpBayPro, etc. unless you're willing to put in a lot of work to develop the sites and promote them. Otherwise you're wasting your time and money and will be dissapointed. Both are great tools, IMO, but only if used correctly.

potentmix, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  11. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    well said potentmix.

too bad many people would think that tools like BANs and PhpBayPro are magic bullets.

cylai, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  12. hornykid123

hornykid123 Peon

Best Answers:
    So what is a good BANS software or script that you guys recommend if I am willing to put time into it.

hornykid123, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  13. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    hi:
    there is few eBay site builder, if you are a total newbie then go with BANS.

cylai, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  14. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are going to put in the time to develop the site, then I think you have a couple options. I think the script you should buy is determined by answering one simple question.

Are you planning on developing blog-based sites or store-based sites?

If you are going for blog based, I don't think you can beat phpBay pro (see sig below). It lets you add ebay listings to your blog and readily customize the look, feel, and display of those listings. If you are looking to promote programs other than eBay, I recommend getting the php plugin for Wordpress and adding material that way.

If you envision a more store-based approach and looking site, then I would choose BANS, see signature below.

I actually do both - blog and BANS. I am most successful with BANS but I have been doing it longer.

Brent S, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  15. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it doesn't really matter whether it is store based or web based.
    The success of an eBay affiliate websites will depend on niche selection and traffic generation.

cylai, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  16. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    For me there are two ways to utilize eBay in your websites.

I do create full scale BANS stores that cover very general subjects, that I can tie into my content sites. Say, for example, if you had a website that dealt with musical instruments, then a BANS store covering all different types of instruments fits right in.

On the other hand, sometimes you just have an odd page that covers a very specific keyword - then I would use the epn affiliate tool box to add listings to that one page. Say, I had a page that discussed antique bagpipes. I doubt there are enough listing about antique bagpipes to warrant a full store, but there are probably a few ongoing listings that would fit on the page with the other content.

BANS works for me, but I don't limit myself to just that tool.

Aldouspi, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  17. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said Aldouspi.

Another thing I liked about EPN is, you can practically find anything under the sun from eBay and promote them.
    Say for example you know there's a hot new product (from any niche), but the merchant does not have an affiliate program, you can simply promote eBay listing of that said product or build a BANS site around it!

The sky's the limit.

cylai, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  18. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer is NO, NEVER, DO NOT BOTHER. Tell them all to go to hell. They are ALL lying to you because they simply want your cash. You won't make any money back. Actually, I think you are one of them, my dear author of this thread. How clever of you!!!!

But for those who want to buy BANS, or BANGS as I call them - DO NOT!

Ebay is a loser that will quit existing in about 5 years, unless they realize they deal with real people. Please, refrain from signing up for any ebay programs. They need to go down so that other more worthy besinesses would rise up to the top.

I hope that clarifies your "tricky" question.

vitalbusiness, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  19. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    wow... that is a very bold claims.

We certainly won't know what will happen in 5 years, don't we?

But if u get BANS, really work on it, u will get your investment back in less than 5 years (in fact less than 5 months depend on your skills and ability. )

cylai, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  20. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

You tell me how much you make. You tell me your success story. You tell me why you're hanging out here if you make next to a zero. You tell me why you're telling others to do what you yourself can't do and never will be able to.

Is it bold enough?

vitalbusiness, Jul 11, 2008 IP
    canam likes this.