1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I build more tools or focus on promotion now?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jamie3000, Jun 28, 2017.

I have a website where I build free tools to help people grow their online business. My business model is that they're all free and I'm going to hopefully build a good sized email list.

However I'm now at a point where I've got a solid set of tools and I'm not sure if I should just keep making tools in a "if you build it they will come" way or focus on promotion which I'm pretty rubbish at to be honest.

This is my website is anyone wants to offer feedback http://www.supagrowth.com

How would you guys promote this? Ideally free traffic initially.

jamie3000, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The range of tools looks really good

but

your means of providing them is way, way out of date. With all the ransomware and viruses that exist I wouldn't let anyone I know download a program from your site. You're unknown, there's no way of knowing what is going on and it's just not worth the risk.

If you can re-engineer the tools so that they're cloud based you would probably find you have much more success in getting known and having your tools used.

sarahk, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  3. jamie3000

jamie3000 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately the business model doesn't work due to the number of proxies I'd need if they were cloud based. You can always run sandboxie :)

jamie3000, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I can, but I won't - and that will be your #1 problem

sarahk, Jun 29, 2017 IP