1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I add Exit/Die after the 301 redirect

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by manish_khanna, Jan 21, 2014.

Hello

I am facing some issue. If you could help please
    Here is my case

1. I have multiple country websites like .com,.com.au,co.nz,.co.uk , running from similar code etc

2. Suppose i try to go to www.business2sell.com.au/ businesses/new_york/ , doing this in browser I added a 301 redirect and pointed user to www.business2sell.com/ businesses/new_york/ which is correct URL

6. Now when I go in webmaster tools and try to fetch as Google this url (www.business2sell.com.au/ businesses/new_york/) cause the domain name selected is business2sell.com.au it picks up that there is a 301 redirect, but rest of the page still gets loaded and contains html code from Australia.

That is certainly not correct. Couple of solutions I have in mind.

a) add exit/die after every 301 redirect. If I do this pages will start loading empty ...

b) make all the sites separately, which I doubt will solve the issue.

c) load the similar page from US, in some cases that wouldn't work very well.

d) just create a new website and add all countries under 1 domains using www.business2sell.com/ australia/. kind of beats the purpose obtaining 60+ domains for each country.

Any suggestions please

manish_khanna, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  2. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Funny didnt get any replies on this. I have find out with my research that..
    If you do not add die() at the end of the 301 redirect.

Rest of the page does load for googleBOT and google still crawls and consider this as some sort of (404) page with info and text on it
    So this is considered to be a proper URL though if you have added a 301 redirect.

I have added die() after all the 301 / 404 redirect and It has improved my website in someways, at least google is not crawling all the wrong URL's

Hope you find this useful

manish_khanna, Feb 13, 2014 IP