1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I add a Site Map to my website?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by jitendrag, May 3, 2011.

1. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes , sitemap is very useful for us.

flanagan, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemap helps the web spider to crawl your site more efficiently and index all the pages on your site. It is always a good practice to add sitemaps to your site.

searchtechword, May 16, 2011 IP
  3. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemap helps to get your targeted pages to get indexed in search engines. It will not help to get higher ranking.

LinkGenie, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. softwareengg07

softwareengg07 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,sitemap help to cache all page of site easily.

softwareengg07, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. bhupesh4381

bhupesh4381 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes my dear friend you should add a sitemap to your website. It is more beneficial for your website as all url of the website are crawled simultaneously.

bhupesh4381, May 17, 2011 IP
  6. outsourcelink

outsourcelink Peon

Best Answers:
    Site Map is very important for fast crawling your web pages. Google Sitemaps to facilitate searching.

outsourcelink, May 17, 2011 IP
  7. krishanpal

krishanpal Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you can add site map in your site

krishanpal, May 19, 2011 IP
  8. jitendrag

jitendrag Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ...

jitendrag, May 26, 2011 IP
  9. Mjoseph83

Mjoseph83 Peon

Best Answers:
    It may help to index your sites all url including inner pages as well.

Mjoseph83, May 26, 2011 IP
  10. Jbone

Jbone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should add two sitemaps to the site. An XML sitemap and a HTML sitemap.

Submit the XML to Google Webmaster tools and this will help Goolge to find all of the pages on your site and index them quickly.

The HTML site map should be visible on site and help uses navigate through all the different sections, essentially providing them with an index of waht is on your site and where it can be found.

Jbone, May 26, 2011 IP
  11. megataculous

megataculous Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend uploading a sitemap.xml to all the major search engines, it gets a new site indexed faster and in my humble opinion, I registered a website - built it with care taken to on page seo and then when I had it finished uploaded 1 video to youtube, submitted the site to 5 major search engines and it was ranked on page one within a week this was with a result of around 3million pages for that particular keyword - so I don't know what others are having problems with getting out of the sandbox and onto the listings... I do need to say that this is a legitimate website for a client that has no google adsense and no affiliate links. I do believe the sitemap upload is important.

megataculous, May 26, 2011 IP
  12. monikajoshi

monikajoshi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for sharing nice information about Google sitemaps which help to indexed all pages of website in Search Engines Database....

monikajoshi, May 27, 2011 IP
  13. gztim

gztim Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemap can guide the spider to crawl your site, but also allows the spider to understand site structure smoothly, which will help correct the spider crawl, increase web site friendly to the spiders

gztim, May 28, 2011 IP
  14. alicekriss

alicekriss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you add a site map to your sites so it will help to your site visitor and users, As well as good for your site ranking. Because google see your site according to the user, so if your site provide good information and if it is user friendly too so will be easy to get a good value on google.

alicekriss, May 28, 2011 IP
  15. Adan123

Adan123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Because Sitemap is useful for the crawler.
    Thanks

Adan123, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  16. shinki

shinki Peon

Best Answers:
    A site map does indeed help a website get higher rankings, but only indirectly. This is how I do it:

Every time I build a new website, I place a Site Map page on the site and name it sitemap.html. I place a link to every other page on the site on the Site Map page. If there are more than 100 pages, I create an additional Site Map page and name it sitemap2.html.

The reason for the extra two (or more) Site Map pages is to keep the pages in line with Google's recommendation of having no more than 100 links on a web page.

I then place a link to the Site Map page(s) on every page of the site.

A Site Map that is linked to from every page serves two important purposes:

1. Having an easily accessible Site Map makes it easy for your visitors to find what they're looking for on your site. Experienced users will often ignore the regular navigation links and head straight for the site map. That way they have to wade through fewer pages to find the information they're looking for.

2. A well-designed Site Map(s) helps the search engines find and index your pages easier. The Site Map ensures that every page on your site is no more than two clicks away from the home page. The search engines are virtually guaranteed to find and index all of your pages by crawling the Site Map page.

Having more pages indexed helps raise your site's Google PageRank and increases your website traffic. And as we all know, getting lots of traffic is the key to making money with your website.

In conclusion, I recommend that every website have a well-designed Site Map. It's good for your users and good for the search engines (SEO benefits).

I found this answer in Google search, for more details please visit rlrouse.com.

shinki, Jul 5, 2011 IP