1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Google Spend Less Time on New Products & More on the Search Engine?

Discussion in 'Google' started by adwordaffiliate, Aug 23, 2006.

?

Is Google trying to Expand too quickly whilst Neglecting their Search Engine?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. JC007

JC007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think G is trying to find direction. However, G is just a follower and not innovator, G is innovator only in the search arena.

JC007, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  2. Orien

Orien Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Their search engine is already pretty solid and lots of their products are well-designed even though most of them are in beta. I mean, how many people use gmail now? I'd say they're on the right track.

Orien, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  3. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually know... it is a gaming site. Not arcade but a fan site for a game.

tusen, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  4. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess from my standpoint I would not mind seeing either Yahoo or MSN make gains on the Big G, since it is much (and I mean MUCH) harder to get a site up on G than the others.

primeryder, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  5. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    not for me... i have 2.5k pages indexed in google and like 100 for yahoo and 50 for msn... and my ranking in google is waaaaaaay better...

tusen, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They are probably bored with search... They seem to have done a pretty good job at doing things with it that other companies don't have the expertise to do (for example Yahoo and MSN still have no clue how to determine the context of a page for things like YPN).

If they could figure that out, YPN could finally come out of pre-alpha mode (it's almost been a year now). Hell, if they could actually figure out how to do that, that's a few billion dollars/year they could make (and it's not like they don't know it).

If a search engine can't determine/understand what a page is about, they certainly won't be able to compete with Google even in the web search market.

Google is light years ahead in their underlying technology, and now they are bored. ;)

digitalpoint, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  7. espionage

espionage Peon

Best Answers:
    Google seems to be overextending itself into everything they can come up with. While innovation is good, they need to focus more on improving their search results and coming up with better ways of identifying what the user is looking for.

espionage, Aug 28, 2006 IP