1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should abortion be allowed to women?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by cpvr, Mar 26, 2006.

?

Should abortion be allowed?

1. yes

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. no

50 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So find a definition that includes fetuses and embryos under the word "child"... or "baby"... from a reputable dictionary. ;)

L
    Early 20's little guy. And I can guarantee you I have more experience on the topic than you. :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just like somebody who's anti-choice and anti-women's rights can't put up a silly web page right? :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  3. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    I'm not anti-life. I'm PRO-CHOICE. The two are not one and the same, despite the pro-life propaganda you wish to spew.

No, I've never had an abortion, but I would if I felt it were the best situation at the time. I've also been close to many women who have had an abortion, and I can tell you they didn't rush into the decision because they wanted to kill a child. They made an informed decision and felt that was the best choice for them and the unborn at the time.

DeniseJ, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  4. TWalker

TWalker Peon

Best Answers:

When have Americans of all people forbid abortion??? Close to 50 million American babies have been aborted in the last 30-35 or years. More than all the men killed in world wars this century in a short span of time. Thats hardly forbidding or scorning. It looks like the most popular thing since sliced bread to me. I have a close family member who had over 2 dozen herself!

Loans and or pays for not killing the child? hahah We have that we pay billions on welfare.

Having said that I do not agree to deny a woman to abort if she chooses but it is 'making a deal with devil" so to speak.

I also would like men to have some say. Either a say in whether their child is aborted or the option to pay or not pay for the childs upbringing.

Interesting note: 1/3 of all DNA testing done for paternity turns out in the mans favor. Men have almost no power over their own reproduction except celibacy or vasectomy.

TWalker, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  5. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So they're allowed to kill?

sebastya, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  6. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    The poll has not enough options.

- Yes, but not after 3 months
    - Yes, but only if the woman is forced (rape)
    - Yes, but only if the child would not have a normal life (extremely handicapped)

If none of the options apply, an adoption would maybe be better. Even though the woman wouldn't like the feeling of having her son/daughter walking on the planet but not being able to raise him/her, that is one of the consequences of her action.

casper, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  7. adresaklumea

adresaklumea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I voted yes.
    We are too many ...

adresaklumea, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  8. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THANK you for stating it properly! ^_^

As long as it is the best decision for the situation and not because it was merely an accident (in most cases), I am for it, basically.

chulium, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  9. LTEli

LTEli Guest

Best Answers:
    Anyone who agrees with abortion is obviously dumb... End of story, I just got off work... Goodnight ^.^

LTEli, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  10. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    CompuXP, don't take what I said out of context. I'm simply phrasing it in your words so you can understand. I'm pro-choice all the way, and honestly outlawing abortions isn't going to make them go away. There will still be doctor's who perform these services, and there will still be women who obtain one illegally.

Seriously LTEli... try to form a coherent arguement about abortion, rather than that we're all dumb.

DeniseJ, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  11. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LTEli ... not going to answer my questions? Just going to insult people who disagree with you. Typical.

CompuXP... still waiting on that definition ;)

yo-yo, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  12. TWalker

TWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if I see another story along the lines of: "Man convicted of killing woman and unborn child" I will puke though. Its simply ridiculous bending over backwards pretending the fetus/baby is only a baby/life if a woman decides it is at her convenience.

Either it is or it's not (legally) . We take giant leaps in logic to make sure woman have this opportunity yet we execute men for the same. I happen to believe its a life at conception yet will not stand in the way if a woman wants to kill it. Nor would I ever say I would never be a part of one in extreme circumstances.

I'm a deep believer in Metaphysics/spiritual life AKA God so it matters little what laws men make or actions people take. There are universal spiritual laws that balance everything out in the end.

In other words nobody gets away with anything in the end. Thats why there is no need to fret and wring your hands over abortions or anything for that matter.

Most men arguing pro-choice though always remind me of the old joke:
    Guys hang out at pro-choice rallies cause thats the best place to get laid. :)

TWalker, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  13. LTEli

LTEli Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow... I love it how people leave derogatory reputation remarks when you dont agree with them. Either ignorant or a liberal, or both.

LTEli, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  14. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Calling yourself out eh? :D

What a fucking knob :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  15. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yo-yo and I agree..... Damn, does it mean the universe is about to explode??? :D

hextraordinary, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  16. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Abortion isn't a strong issue for me, as I don't really care either way, but the politics of it is interesting. Article about this yesterday, in fact!

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008831

Why people are so eager to exterminate offspring who would, theoretically, carry on their beliefs and ideals, astounds me.

Get out the liberal youth vote. Sorry they've all been aborted! D'oh!

lorien1973, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  17. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People strongly disagree on issues and strongly agree on others. That's politics...:cool:

yo-yo, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  18. LTEli

LTEli Guest

Best Answers:
    Calling myself out? Hmm... Maybe... But Im leaving this thread to rot... All this thread is good for is fighting and making endless posts about your feelings on this specific topic.

LTEli, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  19. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    What a great reason to have kid, to help you political party, almost as good as the people who have kids just to have someone to wipe their ass when they are old.

ferret77, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  20. carina_20

carina_20 Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe that every thing has it's own destiny... and so it's up to you if you will allow your self to be a murderer of an innocent baby... so maybe you are destined to do that... :)

carina_20, Aug 23, 2006 IP