1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should abortion be allowed to women?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by cpvr, Mar 26, 2006.

?

Should abortion be allowed?

1. yes

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. no

50 vote(s)
    34.2%
    Many Americans, but also many other cultures, forbid and scorn the practice of abortion. Personally, I believe a woman should have the right to abort her child regardless of her situation because it is her decision and her body. I also think there should be abortioon realease projects that try to stop mothers from aborting by giving them loans and/or pays. What do you guys think?

cpvr, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having real world firsthand experience with this subject, I am pro choice 100%. Every woman should have the right choose. Just imagine for a minute what outlawing abortion and forcing women to have children they don't want will do:

1. More women will perform "home abortions", drinking poisons, hitting their own stomachs, starving themselves, etc to kill the fetus themselves.

2. More women (and men) will be forced into parenthood that:
    a) don't want it
    b) can't handle it
    c) aren't responsible

This will result in increased:
    a) child negligence
    b) child hungar and starvation
    c) child abuse
    d) child molestation
    e) child prostitution and exploitation
    f) child abandonment

Those things will increase the number of kids that grow up to be ****ed up adults that commit crimes, murders, rapes - not to mention the depressions, low self esteem, low family values, etc.

3. Get your checkbook out to start paying more taxes. All of these unresponsible parents who don't want thier kids in the first place (as if we don't have enough of this already) are going to leech the tax system for every penny it's got. Are you prepared to feed and support everyone elses children?

It should be very obvious to everyone that forcing people to have more children when we already have 10% of our countrie's children going to sleep hungry is a bad idea. And for those of you who will talk about condoms and people not having sex because abortion laws will scare them out of it, keep dreaming ;)

yo-yo, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    Diamondbacks likes this.
  3. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Never thought I'd see the day, but I agree with yo-yo:)

Roman, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  4. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm all for it. Every woman has the right to make their own choice according to her own living standards.

Edz, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    Diamondbacks and ResaleBroker like this.
  5. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I voted yes...

Jarodboy, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  6. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm against it.

We have to much problems already with the heavy population decline. I just don't want to live in a decreasing society where the middle age is 60 years old.

In the Arab world, where condoms and other preventive tools are forbidden(by the quaran and sometimes also the state), families have 5-8 kids and the middle age in palestine is 20 years while the population is doubling every 20 years.

So, do we want to live in an old, boring, overaged society that will be forgotten by the rest of the world that is young and fresh?

Well all babies that had first-hand experience couldn't come here and discuss since they are already dead ;)

latehorn, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  7. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    A world that is old an overaged?

If that is your only argument then i would have to say it strongly faids away in contrast to the arguments Yo-Yo posted earlier on.

Not mention a little far stretched.

Edz, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  8. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    The poll is not broad enough to vote. There are circumstances I would not be against abortion, such as a rape, incest victim, in a case where it endangers the mother's life.

I'm always amazed though, at those who would slaughter babies without reservation, but are against the death penalty for the man that kidnaps, rapes and murders kids. There's just no reconciliation for that. Murdering babies is ok, but putting to death the man that murders little kids is wrong. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

GTech, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  9. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ack! Me too! I never thought I would see the day... Alas, Pro-Choice is pro-woman and VERY American. Most Americans prefer to retain control of their own bodies.

Phynder, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  10. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Nope, the law is significant on the demography.

11. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Well that evil kid in the stomach is giving the pregnant mom unwanted feelings.

You know very well that all those friendly rapers and murders deserves life much more than those unwanted kids from the hell :D

12. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I can't see how this wont be missused. Any mother(pregnant girl) can say; hey I'm wonder about doing an abort, I need help. Just to get the money.

13. Citizen

Citizen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find this strange coming from a person that argues so vehemnetly for human rights. You spend all this time protesting death from war and yet you support it here based on the amount of money the parents make?

The only thing worse than those listed here is, of course, death. :/

Logic anyone?

In that case, why don't we start executing people without trial or jury for all alleged crimes?

Most Americans dread being inconveneinced. Its not about bodily control, its not about women's rights, its about living the way they want, even if it means wacking acouple of kids. Most americans couldn't care less that children are killed by US soldiers in Iraq everyday... the ones that care, even in the slightest, dont care enough to inconvenience themselves to do something about it.

Citizen, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  14. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kids? Wacking kids? We are talking about abortion - not kids.

If you truely wish to extend this argument to "life begins at conception", then bring it on. Let's start investigating EVERY miscarriage for potential murder, because that would be the RIGHT thing to do.

Phynder, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  15. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    How would youreact if I said that life begins when you are 15 years old and you are 13 years old? How would an old man react if I said that life ends when you are 50 years old?

16. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Population decline?

http://www.censusscope.org/us/chart_popl_graph_1.gif

Infact, quite the opposite:

http://www.sustainablescale.org/images/uploaded/Population/populationgrowth.JPG

But yeah, I don't see how people can have a right to dictate how someone uses their body. This is another one of those religious sensitive areas which need to be confronted as society has changed.

Blitz, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  17. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Slaughter babies? It's an embryo that can't survive outside the womb of a woman. It's not a baby. And a mother choosing to abort her own embryo is much different than a republican choosing to execute someones elses son, father, best friend, etc.

Since your a republican, I know how you love taxes ;). How do you propose we make sure all these babies we stop from being aborted are taken care of by the parents you forced have the child? How do you propose we feed them all? Are you ready to get out your checkbook and feed everyone else?

Just to show all the rest of the readers who don't know already - how big of a hypocrite you are - you just said abortion is "slaughtering babies" yet you're all for slaughtering babies when there's a rape? :rolleyes: :cool:

yo-yo, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  18. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually if I'm going to be forced to pay taxes, I would much rather pay them helping feed people in need than paying for the bombs that are murdering Iraqi's right now :rolleyes:

If you even define abortion as "death" of a person (which I do not, it's an embryo) I still think it's much better than the alternative.

How are you going to insure these kids are not abused, abandoned or starving after you force a mother to have a child she doesn't want? How are you going to stop any determined woman from aborting herself? You're not. You just want to create another problem without a solution.

And before you try putting some guilt trip on me about abortion, take a look at how many africans died this year from starvation and tell me we need MORE mouths to feed :cool:

yo-yo, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    Incorrect, as usual. Babies, with heartbeats. But then you've probably never seen cases were extremely premature babies survive or a sonogram that shows the heartbeat (life) of a baby. As for the "republican" comment, this once again shows your hypocrisy. You pretend to care when you think it has a political advange, but the rest of the time you refer to them as murders and torturers while stealing the freedoms they afford you, so you can betray your country. You also forget, that unlike yourself, men and women volunteer to serve their country to serve something higher than themselves. Young angry white males with low IQs are too busy serving their own self-interests.

This goes to the personal responsibility issue. Taking responsibility for one's actions, rather than murdering a child because you are not willing to take responsibility for your actions and worry they may dip into your own personal welfare benefits.

There's nothing hypocritical about my comments. It's an opinion many share under extreme circumstances. It's far different than supporting the wholesale murder of babies because you are not prepared to take responsibility for your actions, yet will defend the evilest of child molesters that kidnap, rape and murder kids because you don't believe in the death penalty. The cost of keeping a child molester/murder alive suddenly becomes a non-issue. Your personal comfort and welfare benefits are more important than the life of a baby. I suppose you have to care about something other than yourself.

GTech, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you should stop paying taxes to zarqawi and the terrorists that are doing the bombing.

GTech, Mar 26, 2006 IP