1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should a new directory be pre populated?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Nubai, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Nubai

Nubai Peon

Best Answers:
    Valid point which simply cannot be ignored. :)

I suppose technically, (If i were a greedy man) i could fill the categories with authority sites with high PR and so if anyone wanted a listing on page 1 of a cetegory, they'd have to go for a featured link! :D

I couldn't be that cruel..... could I? ;)

Nubai, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  2. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great post as always from obelia, you really need to pre-populate a directory if you are aiming to high quality standards. At my Ask Directory I added more than 400 authoritative sites each with an original review, huge work but I think is worth it.

! Ask !, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    add your own sites and the sites of your friends first.

Blogmaster, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  4. GFX^^

GFX^^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, I prefer submitting to directories which haven't got any site on them :) > more pagerank for me :p

GFX^^, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  5. Nubai

Nubai Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, been thinking about this...

What benefit is there to me in adding authority sites? Does it help my site and PR? I would guess not but please correct me if i'm wrong. And lets be honest, the main reason users go to a GENERAL directory site is to find the "submit" button, chuck a listing in ASAP and once they get the message of acceptance - move on to the next one. No one really looks at the stuff there except Google. As GFX says, it'll surely only drag down the share of PR for others.

I've had 200 submissions in 2 days but only about 10 clicks on other sites, most of which were me. So do authority listings really matter?

Apologies for flicking back and forth but this thread is bringing up lots of views that i hadn't thought of forcing me to think about it a little more.

Nubai, Nov 23, 2006 IP