1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ShotBox?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mushget, Dec 19, 2010.

Whats the best free shoutbox service?
    Ive googled but can't seem to find a good/free/decent one.

Also any scripts if available?

I'm not asking for much features but as long
    as it can hold high capacity of messages and
    auto refresh?

mushget, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  2. ToBeElite

ToBeElite Peon

Best Answers:
    ive been through a bunch of shoutboxes.... i like myshoutbox best at myshoutbox dot com. IP ban, very customizable, lots of cool features. Looks like they updated their website too.

Just earlier I ran across a post here on dp someone promoting a shoutbox service they just created, it looked pretty good. they were offering $1 via paypal if you put their shoutbox on your website. lol @ $1 . try searching for it and checking that one out. I have no experience with the DP user's shoutbox though.

but ya, my personal experience is myshoutbox works the best, used it on many sites :) I really like that I can see the IP of the person, helps to ban people that abuse it.

ToBeElite, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  3. Keppy

Keppy Peon

Best Answers:
    Keppy, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  4. AssistantX

AssistantX Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on whether or not you wish to host it on your website or remotely, in the past, I've used InsanityVille's Shoutbox with some modifications. This one can be hosted on your server. Just load the .sql into your database, and make the appropiate config.php changes. The script alone doesn't have an admin panel but has what you specified.

I prefer self hosted shoutboxes because if your an alright programmer, you can easily make modifications to that script and add or remove features as you want. The one I linked to can be changed easily.

AssistantX, Dec 22, 2010 IP